Liberty Horse Dark Seal Patina?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Xopher, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Xopher

Xopher A-List Customer

Does anyone have a Bill Kelso Liberty Horse Dark Seal A-2 with heavy wear that they could show me photos of. Im pondering a BK A-2 or Waldo Pepper in Dark Seal and Id love to seen what the wear is like with heavy use. Thanks all

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I like the Waldo Pepper design a lot!

3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

Zombie_61 and mattmiller1973 like this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher A-List Customer

Howdy, great photos. Those A-2s look to be the Seal, not quite as dark as the Dark Seal. But very nice

5. Xopher

Xopher A-List Customer

I really think Im leaning toward the Waldo Pepper. I think it is really sharp looking and would look great for my pre 1930s reenacting. I have a small piece of BKs Dark Seal hide and it looks like it has a rich red brown color underneath the very dark top coat so I think the jacket would age amazingly but I haven't yet seen a well worn BK Dark Seal in Liberty hide. I have a Duke in their Victory Dark Seal but that is very different hide and doesnt age very quickly at all. Had it 2 years and its just starting to patina at the cuffs