Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Library of Congress jazz photos

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
The LOC has posted another great new batch of photos from the 1940s New York City jazz scene. Incredible! :eusa_clap

jazz.jpg
[/IMG]

Link is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Really? The LOC site offers them at two higher levels of resolution than the default viewing one - and the largest, the archival version, is crazy enormous (e.g., 4x5 neg = 28MB TIFF file).

Of course, I suppose having them on flickr provides a highly visible, well-understood interface. The better for more folks to find 'em.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Really? The LOC site offers them at two higher levels of resolution than the default viewing one - and the largest, the archival version, is crazy enormous (e.g., 4x5 neg = 28MB TIFF file).

Of course, I suppose having them on flickr provides a highly visible, well-understood interface. The better for more folks to find 'em.

Oh well, you're the expert. Flickr is jpeg. I didn't bother with the tiff viewer on the LOC website. Flickr is just easier and LOC gives me notice when they post anything new (it's not just all Gottlieb).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy