Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Life On Mars

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Madcap72 said:
American programing has been swirling the drain for some time now.
PLEASE!!! America is the most prolific producer of quality television programing in the world. Same with cinema.

WTF!!!

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
PLEASE!!! America is the most prolific producer of quality television programing in the world. Same with cinema.

WTF!!!

Paris Hilton interviews and ShamWOW commercials don't count.

LeeB

Familiar Face
My wife and I are both big fans of this show and have watched it religiously since the first season. I especially enjoy that the show incorporates the societal and political upheavals that were occurring at the time period in which the show is set. As someone who was growing up at the time, I certainly remember a lot of those events. All too often, when a program is set in a past time period, you get a caricature of that time that tends to ignore or gloss over the events of the time. You essetially get modern acting people in period costume.
We also, recently, watched some of the episodes of the British original of this program. The only misgiving I had about it was that you did not quite get the early 1970's feel from the version as you do from the American version. I found the British version of the Gene Hunt character particularly unconvincing.
On a related note, there was a sequal to the British version titled "Ashes to Ashes" that had a female detective from 2008 thrown back into the 1980's. I only viewed part of that one, but it was not very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass