Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Light Weight Motorcycle Jackets

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
Graemsay said:
I'm currently in California (LA), and it is a wee bit hot.

If you want to stick with leather then kangaroo might be the way to go. It's thinner than cowhide, but has a similar sort of strength. It gets used by a lot of the racers as a consequence.

You could also get the jacket perforated to increase airflow.

This is a picture of a kangaroo suit that's been heavily perforated. It's made by BKS (who are great), but you need to get over to the UK to be measured up for one.

2778979180098624247S500x500Q85.jpg

(I recently got a set of BKS's finest, and will post a review when I get back to the UK.)

There was talk of Goodwear Leather making a kangaroo A1 a while back. It might be worth asking them, but you'd need to get all the seams double stitched so that they don't burst in a crash.

If you want to go for a canvas jacket then the Belstaff Mojave might be your best bet. They're still heavy, but include all the armour. And are very, very cool.

Belstaff-Brooklands-Jacket.jpg

Both Draggin' Jeans and Hood Jeans make Kevlar lined denim jackets and jeans. I don't know if Hood ship internationally, but as you're buying direct then you can probably ask them.

Lastly, if you just want plain denim then take a look at Iron Heart Jeans, which are available from Self Edge in SF. I haven't seen them, but they're made out of 24 oz. denim, whereas most really heavy jeans come in at 12 to 14 oz. Apparently they were designed by Japanese bikers.

Edited to add: The Scrambler is very cool. :)

^ I wore my Iron Hearts yesterday riding...must have been at least 100 degrees out. They were hot, but bearable.

Peacoat

Bartender

Mojave Jack

One Too Many

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Yes- nice to see "improvements", or at least alterations to the classic Barbour and Belstaff style waxed cotton MC jacket.

Mister Freedom's work, in design and construction is excellent, he borrows very heavily from the past, steals sometimes and can be a bit pocket hungry.

This is the "New Vintage"

B
T

Edward

Bartender
That Mr Freedom is beautiful, but alas the price is too rich for my blood. I might just about be able to convince myself if I actually rode, but seeing as bike wear is about style rather than so much substance for me, I think I'll have to make do with an International.... ;)

sammy

New in Town
Has anyone bought a jacket from Soul Revolver? They have some nice retro styles but am wondering what their overall quality is like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80