Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Like hell it's yours! Hat cards

Feraud

Bartender
Inspired by Mr.'H''s comment in this thread.

Who uses these notes in their hats?

The pessimist in me thinks they are a waste of time. Anyone who would snatch your lid is not going to feel a pang of remorse because of a note.
I have been wrong before. :)

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark G

A-List Customer
I put my business card in the sweat. I did leave a panama in an airport resturant once and the waiter tracked me down. So you never know.

RBH

Bartender
I have that card in a few of my fedoras.
I like looking at it when I remove my hat...
I always say ''The hell it aint!" lol
I never had anyone get my hat, except once at a restraunt in Mexico a waiter removed my hat from a chair and took it to the bar. Everyone had a laugh at my hat getting 'pinched'.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
A quaint reminder of the days when there were hat check people who might make a mistake now and again.

If anyone walks off with a hat these days, a card is not going to cause them to return it.

PS: Anyone keep a sawbuck in their sweat for emergency use?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'll renew my offer - anyone who wants a set of six such labels in Word format, let me know via PM and include your email address. I'll email you a copy and you can change the contact info on it.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Pilgrim said:
I'll renew my offer - anyone who wants a set of six such labels in Word format, let me know via PM and include your email address. I'll email you a copy and you can change the contact info on it.

I tried to PM you but I don't have permission yet, perhaps not enough posts but I'd like a copy of that Word doc please.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
These cards weren't printed and given to customers to prevent theft of the hat. They were, and still are, advertising for the store. They're a way to remind the customer where they bought that hat and where to buy their next hat.

This reminds me, we need to have more printed. ;)

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I had one in a hat I got years ago saying "Like hell it's yours, put it back. But you can get one like it at Sables Western store, etc". I always thought it was silly, but didn't have strong feelings about it.

Do you want a hat thief as your next customer?lol

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Aaron Hats said:
These cards weren't printed and given to customers to prevent theft of the hat. They were, and still are, advertising for the store. They're a way to remind the customer where they bought that hat and where to buy their next hat.

This reminds me, we need to have more printed. ;)

Ahhh.

Then shouldn't they be encouraging theft. "Looks better than yours (and the other guy's not looking)."

VA246.jpg

Aaron Hats

Vendor
DanielJones said:
I might have to make a few for my hats, just for fun. Does anybody have an image of one of these cards for reference?

Cheers!

Dan

Here you go:

LikeHell.jpg

All that usually shows above the sweatband is the black stripe at the top.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
scotrace said:
I wear mine to church and leave them out with the coats. It would never do for the Deacon to pull it down to admire and see that!

that is where i put mine....i don;t have to put my name on it...i can hear them in the hall make the comments...who's is that ?..boy that is a nice one...haven;t seen one in years....that's Mark's hat...maybe i should start wearing mine....

wait till the monti's comes out...

mark tssb

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ