Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liking it better

Tommydean

Familiar Face
Friday afternoon; a box from US/A was sitting on my front porch! took it inside
and opened it up. i was thinking is this going to be to small or what.. unfolded
it, looks big enough... I put it on and WOW!! its long enough!!! like you guys said its a little tight in the arms but the length is good. it is tight if i put on a sweat shirt under it though. I do have to call Shaul monday about the fit. will keep you posted on this..
US/A-everyday-tough-as-nails!

Tom

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
I'm glad to hear that you got it, Tom! About the fit: their jackets do feel a bit tight and stiff (understatement) for the first 3 weeks or so but once they break-in and soften up a bit, the tightness relaxes. If you were to return it for a larger size, the length may end up being too long and then you'd have the pouch and saddlebags around your midsection.

Anyway, this was my experience with my U.S. Authentic A-2. No matter which way you go, I think you will be happy with their jacket.

Noel

Tommydean

Familiar Face
the next size up will be a special order and i think i will have to do just that.
I took the jacket to the big and tall store that i go to often. one of the guys there that knows A-2's and he had a look at it with it on me, he said i need one size larger. ok that confirms that,it is a little tight under the arms and movement is also limited. Shaul was right, it would be to small..i will be talking to him tomarrow about a custom job. if he made a 50T it would be right. overall i think the jacket is outstanding!!!
US/A-everyday-tough-as-nails
Tom

kojax

Practically Family
wow how heavy is your horsehide jacket.......i thought my brothers 36 horsehide lether was heavy from u.s.mfgh...........i might look into gibson -barnes horsehide leather jacket......

Tommydean

Familiar Face
Well guys got my US/A seal HH 50T last friday and its great!!! had it on all weekend long!!!:D will post some pics soon
Tom

Tommydean

Familiar Face
Hey guys here is a pic of my new jacket. hard to see but I had Jerome do a "Wright" arrow head patch and Shaul but it on in just the right place. I am standing infront of one of "Liberty Bell"
engines, It made a visit to Denver about a month ago.

th_TomwithB17.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925