Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lincoln Brigade test jacket size 42

fishmeok

Vendor
Size 42 Lincoln Brigade type leather jacket. I used an o.d. cotton for the lining and a matching zipper with olive tape. Glazed cotton thread. M-422A style pockets. Double top stitching and top stitching on the cuffs. Wool knits. Nice reddish-brown cowhide that creases like crazy when you get it wet. Two-piece back and three-piece arms.
$390 Shipping is $15 in he U.S.

Across the front 22"
Across the shoulder blades 15.5
Shoulders 19"
Arm top to end of cuffs 24"
Zipper 21.5
Back top to bottom 23.5
Shoulder seam 6.5"

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Looks Great!!!

Great job! I love all the features.
I can really tell that your skill level is improving!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Forgive my ignorance

Awesome work, :eek:fftopic: but what features distinguish it as a "Lincoln Brigade" Jacket?
Is it based on one from an archives?
I met a few of these old fellows when I lived in NYC in the eighties. They had an annual rummage & art sale to keep up the rent on their meeting place, I think it was on 23rd street.

fishmeok

Vendor
It's based on this jacket taken from the Spanish Civil War thread over on the VLJ. Thanks to Zoomer for starting the thread and finding these pictures.
Cheers
Mark

11_0167s.jpg

Sgt. Joseph Taylor, "Lincoln-Washington activist, especially distinguished." April 1938

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I wish I fit in the danged thing.

fish, I know I keep saying you've outdone yourself - but once again - you've outdone yourself.

Hopefully at some point this model will turn up in an old catalog, but the Lincoln Brigade name ought to stay, in their tribute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925