Lipstick in the heel

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by Fastuni, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

I once interviewed a WW2 veteran who had been a prisoner of war in Leipzig. In late 1944/early 1945 he was sent to work on clearing up bomb damage. Forty years later he returned to Leipzig to show his wife the street where he had been working - he laughed when he discovered the rubble and ruins were still there unchanged since he'd last seen them.

2. Mae

Mae Call Me a Cab

Maybe that's why the lady appears to be wearing two different shoes. lol One for balance. "Oh, hold on, I gotta get my lipstick."

3. Nora

Nora New in Town

While I don't think lipstick storage is the best use for it, a secret stash in the heel is a brilliant idea! I could probably stash my emergency money even safer there than in my brassiere.... Nobody would ever think of searching the heel of a shoe! Inside the shoe itself, perhaps, but not the heel!

4. Fastuni

Fastuni Call Me a Cab

You'd have to be extra careful though not the break and lose the heel. :p

5. tomtom42

tomtom42 New in Town

Hi Nora,

it seems that the heels of (mostly male) shoes were used as secret stashs quite commonly during WW2 by spies, commandos and even british aviators.
    From a book by Clayton Hutton (a former british officer who was working on helping captured soldiers break out of POW-camps during WW2) these most often contained maps and money ...

br,
    T°M