Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lipstick in the heel

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Idiocy. In West Germany they modernized the cities more extensively and at a much faster pace - thus destroying lots of old buildings that could have been restored. In East Germany they retained (until today) relatively more of the old building substance (though it now is again in decay in more rural and sparsely populated regions). Of course they had their countless concrete high-rise buildings, too. While it is true that war-damages and rubble heaps were more widely encountered in the East for many years after the war, the same was to be found in the West. On the outskirts of the prosperous West German city of Munich the giant rubble heap was converted after 30 years to the park for the Olympic games 1972...

I once interviewed a WW2 veteran who had been a prisoner of war in Leipzig. In late 1944/early 1945 he was sent to work on clearing up bomb damage. Forty years later he returned to Leipzig to show his wife the street where he had been working - he laughed when he discovered the rubble and ruins were still there unchanged since he'd last seen them.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't have enough coordination to get the lipstick out of the heel without falling over probably. When I was 15 my dad told me that my being extremely clumsy was just a phase I was going through...I'm now 53 and I'm still waiting for this phase to end. :eusa_doh:

Maybe that's why the lady appears to be wearing two different shoes. lol One for balance. "Oh, hold on, I gotta get my lipstick."

Nora

New in Town
While I don't think lipstick storage is the best use for it, a secret stash in the heel is a brilliant idea! I could probably stash my emergency money even safer there than in my brassiere.... Nobody would ever think of searching the heel of a shoe! Inside the shoe itself, perhaps, but not the heel!

tomtom42

New in Town
While I don't think lipstick storage is the best use for it, a secret stash in the heel is a brilliant idea! I could probably stash my emergency money even safer there than in my brassiere.... Nobody would ever think of searching the heel of a shoe! Inside the shoe itself, perhaps, but not the heel!

Hi Nora,

it seems that the heels of (mostly male) shoes were used as secret stashs quite commonly during WW2 by spies, commandos and even british aviators.
From a book by Clayton Hutton (a former british officer who was working on helping captured soldiers break out of POW-camps during WW2) these most often contained maps and money ...

br,
T°M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner