Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Live Theatre - Lounger's Appearances and Stories

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Last week: Love Letters.

304733_10150983907097555_48391080_n.jpg

Great fun. Now in rehearsals for You Can't Take It With You.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Completely blew an audition Monday night. For Salieri in Amadeus. A role that any man who is serious about this would like to get his hands on. Ah well.

Ah, what a ROLE!

My three favorite parts were Salieri, Dysart (in Equus) and Osbourne (in Journeys End). Osbourne was a walk in the park, Dysart, well, just memorise the hundreds of lines, express existential angst and then get out of the way and let the boy playing Allen Strang do his stuff, but Salieri? Ach! I've played that part in two different productions and consider both performances failures, for every time I think of the role I realise new possibilities. How I would love to assay the old reprobate again. I'm sure that I still wouldn't get him right, but oh to try!

AntonAAK

Practically Family

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Another guy and I are doing fifteen minutes as Weber & Fields this weekend. I'm jazzed about it. How many times do you get to do a vaudeville act? I'll try and get a picture.

image.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
And here we are. The theatre was an historic 1909 venue. The house was unchanged -gaslights still in place- but the stage has been ruined by the village, which owns it, closing up the fly space and wings to save heating costs. The result is a very difficult to use stage. We made entrances and exits through closed doors as the wing curtains were removed and a wall put up instead.

At any rate. The crowd lined up around the block an hour in advance, they seated 270, stood as many as the fire code allowed, and turned away the rest.

We recreated the act as well as our research allowed, on a creaky stage that saw vaudeville acts in its day, before a roaring crowd. A very heady drug.

image.jpg . image.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
In October, I'll play a much coveted role: John Proctor in The Crucible, at an 1,100 seat venue at Kent State University. The work is engrossing.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Congrats Scotrace, looks to be going your way!

My best friend was in the business back in the day. He toured a number of years and worked with quite a few big names. He eventually moved on to other things but man, has he got some great stories to tell!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum