Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean sheepskin goatskin flight jacket G-1/A-2 size 38

Metatron

One Too Many
Classic Civilian flight jacket by LL Bean. This design is well liked for combining some of the best features of the civilian flight jackets of the 40s and 50s (though this is newer).
No fabric content label, but according to my research this has an outer shell of goatskin, wool cuffs and waistband, mouton lambskin collar and a real shearling lining. It has the nice addition of a panel of leather on the back of the knit cuff.
hyte2OP.jpg

EHo2p9v.jpg

GyQDVha.jpg

OPuSnyY.jpg

BShdYSa.jpg

52mEvsI.jpg

The condition is very good. There are some tiny marks on the leather and some darns on the knitted areas. Not noticeable.
v70EQfT.jpg

dECrtwu.jpg

CXEh459.jpg

S3nP5Qu.jpg

I estimate this to be a size 38.
For reference I am a 41 inch chest (6 foot 1 tall) and can barely zip it up while holding my breath.
oU8wmjV.jpg

So please bear this in mind when looking at the measurements, because sheepskin lined jackets may appear larger due to the thickness of the lining. Do not assume this is a 40 or 42! It will not fit. Compare these measurements only with a sheepskin lined jacket, not a jacket with a thin lining.

With that out of the way, here are the measurements in inches:
pit to pit 22
back length collar seam to hem 25
sleeves 24.5
shoulders 18.5

It will be £90 + postage from the UK. Please contact me if you have any questions!

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
GLWS. I have one of these in a size 40 and they’re probably some of the best bang for your buck flight jackets out there. The leather cuff protector makes me suspicious these were actually made by Golden Bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana