Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lofgren

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
I also ended up selling a b!Wear newsboy cap ...I had made a special order for a floppy houndstooth 30s/40s-style cap and while it wasn't a POS, I wasn't overly impressed and flogged it on ebay.
Can't speak about Lofgren caps, but have had several other newsboys from Japanese makers and they've all been good.

Viper Man

Banned
Kools, let us know what you think when it arrives. I'm still waiting for mine but the weather hasn't been kind and I'm blaming the delay on that. Just as an aside, I once ordered a Lofgren cap and received it in 3 days from Japan. Not sure how that happened but I was very impressed.

Last edited:

kools

Practically Family
I'll do that. FYI...I've been wearing newsboys for about 20 years. I've happened to like the B!Wear caps more than any other I've had. They fit me perfectly & flop just right. If the Lofgren are a step up, I'll be quite happy.

kools

Practically Family
The Lofgren cap arrived today; wait time was not bad. I like it. It certainly feels substantial on my head. The B! Wear cap in medium is a perfect fit, while the Lofgren in medium is a bit too big...fortunately the front strap is adjustable & it works just fine.

You tell me if it looks too big.

P1040437.jpg

P1040438.jpg

P1040441.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
The Lofgren cap arrived today; wait time was not bad. I like it. It certainly feels substantial on my head. The B! Wear cap in medium is a perfect fit, while the Lofgren in medium is a bit too big...fortunately the front strap is adjustable & it works just fine.

You tell me if it looks too big.

P1040441.jpg

Looks good to me.. besides what else is that adjustable strap for..

Cool cap Kools!

Viper Man

Banned
Nice, I think it looks great! Mine still hasn't arrived yet but I've noticed my normal mail carrier is on vacation. :(

Kools, don't be afraid to shape the sweatband with your fingers some. I've found that the reeded sweat will take a little manipulation and will form to your head faster than if you were to let it happen naturally. In addition to the strap and buckle up front, I have stuffed felt strips behind the sweatband for a better fit on one of my caps. Also, my experience with these caps is that they tend look and wear better with some mileage on them. Some snow or rain will do wonders to soften the material up.

Last edited:

kools

Practically Family
Thanks for the suggestions, Viper. I like the idea of the felt strips. And yes...I anticipate mileage will do wonders as it does on all nice caps.

Viper Man

Banned
My Lofgren houndstooth cap finally arrived yesterday. A few observations, the cut on this one seems to be fuller than the caps I have ordered in the past. It's not really an issue but it may take longer to warm up to it. I ordered a large and typically wear a size 71/4 to 7 3/8. This cap fits comfortably without tightening down the adjustable strap. The satin lining is a nice touch and the outer material is very nice, too but seems softer than the past caps. Again, these are not issues, just observations. It also seems that the leather sweatband is thinner and smoother, too. Finally, I noticed that the cap had a production tag indicating the material composition as well as directions for cleaning, etc. None of my other Lofgren caps have this and I wonder if John is working with a different production company now for his caps? Overall, I'm happy with the cap and would recommend it.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
I placed my order shortly before. John sent me sunday a message . Keep up the buisness is the best way to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner