Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Logan's Close X2 Vanson fit check

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I've got a pre-owned Logan's Closet X2 jacket by Vanson, size 38R. I've got an order in with Dan for a new jacket, but I'm wondering if I should size up on the new one.

The 38R is a pretty snug fit, and I'm not getting any younger and my fear is that if I gain any weight I'll be stuck with a jacket I can't zip up.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 38R back.jpg
    38R back.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 38R front.jpg
    38R front.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 222
  • 38R side.jpg
    38R side.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 38R three quarter.jpg
    38R three quarter.jpg
    699.3 KB · Views: 487

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It looks good, but it looks quite tight, not much room to be versatile.
Personally i'm a big fan of having jackets in different sizes, for example i have a LW J-24 in size 42 and one in size 44.
I wear the size 42 with a T-shirt and a thin jumper, i wear the 44 in winter with thick jumpers.
I could not wear my thick jumper under the 42, but the 44 looks too big with only a jumper.

Back seems okay, front is sausage casing. Definitely too tight, to the point where it looks painful. Regardless of whether or not you can zip it up at this point, f you plan on wearing this jacket zipped, size up.

What's with the stripe on the left sleeve being faded? Is it supposed to be like that?

Yep. One suede stripe is always missing like that on all of the Vanson/Logan's Closet repros. I'm not sure why, I distinctly remember the stripe being there in the movie but then again, I didn't pay much attention to it.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
I think it's a bit too tight, but I like them loose so I can wear an underlay. I like those long zippers in the sleeves, so cool!!!

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I think I'm going to order a 40, since I've already got the 38. The thing about Vanson bike jackets is they fit better when you're on a bike leaning fowards rather than standing upright with the jacket zipped all the way up.

The stripe is missing due to this jacket being modified to match the jacket worn by Hugh Jackman in X-Men 2. The new one I'm ordering will not be similarly modified and will just have all 3 stripes on both sleeves.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I think I'm going to order a 40, since I've already got the 38. The thing about Vanson bike jackets is they fit better when you're on a bike leaning fowards rather than standing upright with the jacket zipped all the way up.

The stripe is missing due to this jacket being modified to match the jacket worn by Hugh Jackman in X-Men 2. The new one I'm ordering will not be similarly modified and will just have all 3 stripes on both sleeves.

That's interesting... I've seen a few of these jackets on ebay and never noticed the missing stripe before. I haven't seen the movie this jacket was featured in, so I have no idea what the significance of the missing stripe was.

RedWolf

New in Town
Wolverines jackets are what got me into cafe racers. I would never wear one they are just a bit too flashy for my style but I still like them. Your jacket looks a bit snug to me.

Matt Williams

New in Town
As to the missing stripe, that is movie accurate for both X1 and X2. While the jackets in the movies are different (brown vs black base, leather vs suede stripes, piping and color patter on the X2 waists), both have the missing stripe on the sleeve - see the picture below. It is never explained in the movie why this stripe is missing, it is just assumed to be part of Wolverine’s past. As to the Vanson jackets, it is an option to have the stripe removed. I got an X1 last year and opted to keep the stripe on, as I wanted mine to look new and to distress it naturally. It might not be screen accurate, but it is mine.

Attachments

• A57CD0B0-AE84-4CC4-9071-EAA1830ADD3C.jpeg
    A57CD0B0-AE84-4CC4-9071-EAA1830ADD3C.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 175

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk