Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look Alike Experiences

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
It's said that each of us have an identical 'twin' out there, somewhere. And, for some like me, it seems there at least a dozen of them running around!
My weirdest experience with this was when a middle-aged lady came up to me and started having an in-depth conversation...it was obvious she knew me well, but for the life of me, I couldn't place where I knew her. The whole time I was hoping that #1. I wouldn't be caught in the 'I totally forgot who you are' scenario or #2. That something in the conversation would trigger/ jog my memory!
After about 15min., I must of had the 'I don't know who the hell you are' written across my face cause all of a sudden she stopped, seemed to take a closer look at me and started laughing. At this point I was seriously thinking the woman was totally off her rocker and was looking for an exit. She then explained that she mistook me for her daughter and all the time she was thinking I must be babysitting since I had my daughter with me (obviously, her daughter had no kids).
My dentist has a daughter as well who looks exactly like me, and him and his staff all thought I was her when I first walked through the reception doors...later we laughed as he showed me some photos of her...which were VERY uncanny!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have yet to meet my Doppleganger, but I know he's out there. I hope he's having a good time. :)

I was out to dinner at Lamberti's in Philadelphia when a very nicely dressed older couple came up to me and asked how I was, how my mom was, then insisted on paying for my dinner, which I said was unnecessary, but they insisted and there I was. I never knew if they actually knew me or not. [huh]

Cobden

Practically Family
The weirdest one is from re-enactment, where one of my portrayals is a Royal Navy Midshipman. When this photo of a real Midshipman (from Normandy, 1944) was shewn to me:

Snotty2.jpg

The chap on the frontstarboard side of the boat is the spitting image of me

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, you know that Brad Pitt guy....

... well, no matter what people tell him - he does NOT look like me! (poor fellow!) lol

In younger years, due to my hair style and a beard, I'd walk into nightclubs or restaurants and be mistaken for Eric Clapton. I'd always answer, "God No, love!... I'm Bert Weeden!" That would always throw them.

Eric hasn't aged very well, so he no longer looks like me. (poor fellow!)

-dixon cannon

Come to think of it....I had a good buddy for years who didn't look a thing like me, but people constantly asked us if we were brothers! It became a joke it happened so much!.. our standard reply was something like, "..not brothers, but we are related. His mother and my mother are both mothers!" (blank stare....)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have a half sister that I have never met. She is suposta be my Doppleganger [huh]

Great, just what the world needs, two of me lol

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hemingway Jones said:
I have yet to meet my Doppleganger, but I know he's out there. I hope he's having a good time. :)

I was out to dinner at Lamberti's in Philadelphia when a very nicely dressed older couple came up to me and asked how I was, how my mom was, then insisted on paying for my dinner, which I said was unnecessary, but they insisted and there I was. I never knew if they actually knew me or not. [huh]

Its just like you HJ, having senior strangers flip you bill. tisk tisk ;)

LD

koopkooper

Practically Family
Now I know why people keep accusing me of things I haven't done.

It must be my Doppleganger who gets kicked out of bars, speeding tickets, is accused of being cad and keeps running up massive bills around town!

Mojito

One Too Many
I was at a polling booth for a by-election a couple of years back, and a woman handing out for one of the minor parties came bouncing up enthusiastically and introduced herself. Turned out she thought I was one of the MPs from her party - I'd been out of the country and had never heard of this lady, but when she showed me the election material I had to admit we did look uncannily alike!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A local undertaker looks so much like me my mom used to get us mixed up - from a distance. She scolded me for not waving as she drove by, etc.

The fellow has gone all gray and is heavier than I now, so it doesn't happen anymore. But people used to call out his name across parking lots to me. "Hey Johnny!"
I told him once I could put him out of business with a couple of sentences. "Who are you? Oh yes, I remember, we had to break your grannies legs to get her stuffed into that cheap box you insisted on buying!" lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
My dad once pointed a chap out to me in our local newspaper that did look very much like me! :eek: Luckily, he was a local businessman, and on the right side of the law. I have never seen him, or anyone else since that even remotely resembled me,...thank goodness! :rolleyes:

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I have never seen her. However, EVERYONE says I remind them of someone or they've met me somewhere. I guess I'm just familiar.

Also, a while back my sister sent me an e-mail about a missing girl. It was her doppelganger all right.

Brooksie

One Too Many
A couple of times when I used to be a hairstylist many years ago now, I had a couple different people insist I looked just like a gal they know only this person has blonde hair and my face, one of the people that said this had a friend with them and the friend agreed that I did look like this "other" person. So, I would inevitably ask how old is this person and they would reply... just a few years younger. Well, I was adopted so I think I might have sister out there somewhere that looks like a blonde version of me which is strange because my hair is nearly black!

Brooksie

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
My "twin" worked as a doorman at a downtown athletic club. His coworkers at the club often mistaked me for him - they couldn't understand what "he" was doing using the club facilities instead of working at his station at the front door. I stopped dead in my tracks the first time I ran into this chap. I could not tell I wasn't looking in the mirror. Chilling!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I worked with this older gentleman once that told me I looked exactly liked his daughter. His DEAD daughter. She died in the early 80's so, it was sometime after I was born, so there was no chance of me being her, but how unsettleing is that. He keeps looking at me, after telling me the horrible way she died, a horrid boating/camping accident, at about my current age. Creepy.

Brooksie, you never know, if you are adopted, your doubleganger could be related, my children are total opposites of each other in looks. One is dark the other fair.

Brooksie

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
I worked with this older gentleman once that told me I looked exactly liked his daughter. His DEAD daughter. She died in the early 80's so, it was sometime after I was born, so there was no chance of me being her, but how unsettleing is that. He keeps looking at me, after telling me the horrible way she died, a horrid boating/camping accident, at about my current age. Creepy.

Brooksie, you never know, if you are adopted, your doubleganger could be related, my children are total opposites of each other in looks. One is dark the other fair.

I actually do honestly believe that I am related to this person.

Brooksie

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Oddly, I seem to remind lots of people of their daughter's best friends. I've gotten that more than a few times. Most memorably from my college advisor. Every time I went in to be advised, he would look at me and tell me about his daughter's best friend who had lived with his family for a while. And then he would say: "But she was German and Scottish". And every time, I would get to tell him that I was too. Then we would have a short discussion on genetics. This happened every semester until I switched majors. lol

That was better than the little old lady at church who came up and wondered if I was a friend of hers from her youth, and then looked confused, and added: "But you couldn't be her, could you??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21