Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a good foundation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I have a really hard time finding foundation and I was just wondering if any of you gals might be able to recommend one for me. The problem is, I have pretty dry skin and it has gotten drier since I have moved to the San Fernando Valley, so when I put a lot of different types of foundations on my skin, they just kind of sit there and look cakey, the same is true with powder. Since my skin lacks oil production, I was told by a couple of people to try oil-based products, these go on great, but then after a hour to in the So cal sunshine it slides off.

Can anyone recommend a good foundation? Preferably with an SPF and preferably one that is not too heavy.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Hi Nicoletta,

I think we have a thread that started with someone asking the same question--foundation for dryer skin. You might find some suggestions here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=17659

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions myself. I've yet to find my dream foundation, but I have heard very good things about Laura Mercier and Shiseido foundations.

Good luck! :)

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Thank you Polka dot!!!

Polka Dot said:
Hi Nicoletta,

I think we have a thread that started with someone asking the same question--foundation for dryer skin. You might find some suggestions here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=17659

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions myself. I've yet to find my dream foundation, but I have heard very good things about Laura Mercier and Shiseido foundations.

Good luck! :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Totally off topic (well kind of) I read "foundation" and I was wondering what a foundation garment had to do with dry skin? And then I realized I was in the beauty room. hehe.:eusa_doh:
Sorry, had to share my blond moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav