Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for an affordable Wide Flat brim

Mike N

New in Town
Hi all, I'm a new member looking for a hat like the one in the pic, not sure what kind of style it is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! -Mike

Jackie-Greene-March-Tour-Photo-by-Jay-Blakesberg-copy-1.jpg

images

Last edited:
He posted his question in three separate threads.I believe we all said about the same thing.

SOMEBODY tell him to stop with the new (threads
Disclosure - I don't know anything about hats, this is my very first post. I should've titled the thread "Help me find this hat".

You've not actually responded to any of the suggestions. Not even "thanks, folks."
You're welcomed!

Mike N

New in Town
Hi folks. Sorry, I was at work then I had my 6 year old. Sorry for the multiple posts but after I created the thread I was unable to find the option to delete it for some reason. The first post, I was told, I might be in the wrong section. So then I posted it in the ask a question section. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm still having a really hard time finding a hat that truly matches the one in the picture. Probably something and I the high-end handmade store and not something online is my guess.

You guys might want to be more patient with your new members. For example, I don't know what palm leaf is. Is that a style of hat or just the material? Also I didn't know I needed to thank everyone within hours of their reply. I've never owned anything other than a ball cap, but I think I'll look elsewhere for tips and a less clicky vibe.

Last edited:

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Hi folks. Sorry, I was at work then I had my 6 year old. Sorry for the multiple posts but after I created the thread I was unable to find the option to delete it for some reason. The first post, I was told, I might be in the wrong section. So then I posted it in the ask a question section. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm still having a really hard time finding a hat that truly matches the one in the picture. Probably something and I the high-end handmade store and not something online is my guess.

You guys might want to be more patient with your new members. For example, I don't know what palm leaf is. Is that a style of hat or just the material? Also I didn't know I needed to thank everyone within hours of their reply. I've never owned anything other than a ball cap, but I think I'll look elsewhere for tips and a less clicky vibe.
Hi Mike.

I'm relatively new here too. I have to say, I have found the people here to be patient, friendly, generous, passionate and informative.

We are spread all over the world (I'm in Australia) and like you we've got work and family commitments. Members respond to posts/questions as and when they can.

I don't want to speak for others, but perhaps people were a bit put off by what seemed to be the impatience of you posting the one question on 3 different threads. I suggest posting once and then sitting back and waiting for replies. It can be very hard to follow and contribute to a conversation if that conversation is not contained to a single thread.

Please don't be put off. I have made a number of forum etiquette mistakes along the way. I don't think anyone is going to hold it against you.

Welcome to the Lounge and good luck with your search for the illusive straw/hemp hat.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hi Mike.

I'm relatively new here too. I have to say, I have found the people here to be patient, friendly, generous, passionate and informative.

We are spread all over the world (I'm in Australia) and like you we've got work and family commitments. Members respond to posts/questions as and when they can.

I don't want to speak for others, put perhaps people were a bit put off my what seemed to be the impatience of you posting the one question on 3 different threads. I suggest posting once and then sitting back and waiting for replies. It can be very hard to follow and contribute to a conversation that conversation is not contained to a single thread.

Please don't be put off. I have made a number of forum etiquette mistakes along the way. I don't think anyone is going to hold it against you.

Welcome to the Lounge and good luck with your search for the illusive straw/hemp hat.
Well said Sir.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Dont let it bother you. We're just a bunch of cranky old men.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat in the photo looks a bit like my Vintage Silhouettes Milan straw (by Art Fawcett). You might want to take a look at Art's threads here on the lounge. Easiest way to do it is simply Google "Art Fawcett Milan straw". It's a fantastic hat that eventually develops a beautiful golden color.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
he's right ... there can definitely be a cliquey vibe here ... I've felt the wrath of it a time or two.
you say something a few don't like and they start harkening for the old days when old so and so used to post here ...
I had one cat tell me that he judges peoples hat knowledge by their join date ... gotta love that one

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
he's right ... there can definitely be a cliquey vibe here ... I've felt the wrath of it a time or two.
you say something a few don't like and they start harkening for the old days when old so and so used to post here ...
I had one cat tell me that he judges peoples hat knowledge by their join date ... gotta love that one
Do you feel my "wrath...?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80