Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For: beige/off-white fedora

Time

New in Town
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a vintage beige or off/white fedora with a 2" ribbon and a 2.5" brim, similar to Matt Deckard's Powell Fedora. My preferred hat size is 7 - 7 1/8 UK size, so plus one for US size. I have no set budget, but I'm not looking to spend too much money on this hat, so I don't expect a top of the range hat. Also, I'd prefer a vintage hat, but I wouldn't mind a modern one, as long as it is decent quality. Oh and another important thing, as you may have already guessed (since I mentioned UK hat sizing), I am from the UK.

Hope someone has got something to offer me, I have been looking all over eBay, but everything seems to be in the wrong size or won't ship to the UK from the USA. Thanks.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The shipping is not really cheap, maybe a factor.....if I had something for you, I would post it. Hard to find the light color as it is.

Time

New in Town
Yeah, I realise that I am asking for something fairly difficult. But this would be what one might call my "dream hat", so I shan't give up hope too easily.

Time

New in Town
I happened to stumble across that listing already actually, the listing does not specify that the hat can be shipped to the UK though. I will contact the seller though. Appreciate your help!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes..if they give you any lip, let me know...I can tell them to ship to your address and not have a problem!??!

Time

New in Town
Amongst all the excitement, I forgot that I have to win the auction haha. Thanks again and wish me luck.

Edit: Oh and if anyone has something similar please do still post. You might have something even better.

Edit 2: Well that was a fast reply, the eBayer is willing to ship to the UK. Quite pricey though at $45.

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Amongst all the excitement, I forgot that I have to win the auction haha. Thanks again and wish me luck.

Edit: Oh and if anyone has something similar please do still post. You might have something even better.

Edit 2: Well that was a fast reply, the eBayer is willing to ship to the UK. Quite pricey though at $45.

GBP 20+ or _ is the going rate.

Time

New in Town
Hmm, I just realised that the hat size is only 6 7/8 + the price is at $50. I would have loved to have bought it, but I'm not going to risk it not fitting for that price. Now, I wait again.

m0nk

One Too Many
The measurements are my size, and personally, I'm tempted for myself. The tag inside noting 6 7/8 is a tad disconcerting, and they don't have the open crown measurement, but it might be a good one if it's from the right era.

m0nk

One Too Many
Yes, that's always an option. Parker at Falcon Park Hattery is a good, lesser expensive option (if money is a factor in getting a custom hat). I'm considering having him make me the same exact hat since he's very reasonable to work with.

Time

New in Town
Pricing seems reasonable, but I fear that shipping will still bite me in the ass since I don't know of any good, cheap custom hat makers here in the UK.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You have no escape from shipping to the UK....sadly....they want some serious mulah! But for the bargain hat, it may not be so bad on your wallet.

Time

New in Town
It seems like my only option now is to wait. Not sure how long I will be waiting since what I am looking for seems to be rare in the US, let alone in the UK. I don't mind spending the amount that these hats sell for, but the shipping price usually brings the total just above what I am willing to spend. Oh well, my time will come...

Time

New in Town
Sigh. If anyone living in London knows of a good place to buy hats, please let me know. I've heard of Radio Days, anyone know if that place is any good?

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems like my only option now is to wait. Not sure how long I will be waiting since what I am looking for seems to be rare in the US, let alone in the UK. I don't mind spending the amount that these hats sell for, but the shipping price usually brings the total just above what I am willing to spend. Oh well, my time will come...

Hi

I bought a custom Rabbit fur hat from Buckaroo Hatters in Covington TN. Mike still charges $205 for those. Shipping would be additional. While you're waiting for an ebay find, you may as well start saving up for a custom job. When you get more than what you need to the custom, and don't have an ebay job...

Just curious, roughly how much customs charge will you get charged on a $250 hat including shipping?

Later

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It is about $55.00 to ship (I think) something as big as a hat to the UK....they get you for weight and then the size of the box.

Time

New in Town
Hi

I bought a custom Rabbit fur hat from Buckaroo Hatters in Covington TN. Mike still charges $205 for those. Shipping would be additional. While you're waiting for an ebay find, you may as well start saving up for a custom job. When you get more than what you need to the custom, and don't have an ebay job...

Just curious, roughly how much customs charge will you get charged on a $250 hat including shipping?

Later

I believe that any items over £135 (~$220) is charged duty, shipping may either be added to the total cost or left as an additional cost to the seller and therefore will not be added to the duty/VAT cost. The duty charge depends on the item, I'm not sure how much it is. But VAT is 20%, so 20% of $250 is $43.75 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara