Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for black denim jeans, classic cut

They do the indigo in a 'rigid', while all other colours are 'rinsed'. TBH, I've had both and not noticed a significant difference after the first wash. Weight is the same.

I've been buying the rigid for some time due to the price differences. $21.99 US delivered. After two or three washes they cant be differentiated from the pre-wash variety in color though maybe they dry a little stiffer for awhile if air dryed. I throw mine in the dryer on air dry with dryer balls to soften them up.

Edward

Bartender
I've been buying the rigid for some time due to the price differences. $21.99 US delivered. After two or three washes they cant be differentiated from the pre-wash variety in color though maybe they dry a little stiffer for awhile if air dryed. I throw mine in the dryer on air dry with dryer balls to soften them up.

Seems like usually you have to pay more for rigid denim - this is a nice change! I end up spending closer GBP30 a pair (about USD40 currently) by the time I import and pay for shipping, but still an absolute steal for what they are. US prices being so much cheaper, though, half a dozen pairs of these are on my list of things I want to pick up when next able to get to the US. I'll be bringing a virtually empty suitcase to fill while there! ;)

Edward

Bartender

Seems like usually you have to pay more for rigid denim - this is a nice change! I end up spending closer GBP30 a pair (about USD40 currently) by the time I import and pay for shipping, but still an absolute steal for what they are. US prices being so much cheaper, though, half a dozen pairs of these are on my list of things I want to pick up when next able to get to the US. I'll be bringing a virtually empty suitcase to fill while there! ;)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...wjJh8TE4In3AhVVAZ0JHZItDJ8Qww96BAgCED0&adurl=

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Iron Heart UK fans will recommend Iron Heart products even if you make a post asking for the best t-shirt under $20. The IRON HEART ARMY overrides any of the stated requirements. Once you’ve been in this hobby a bit, you learn to tune them out. :D
I think this is an unfair characterization of IH fans. And by the way, the best T shirt under $20 is definitely the IH 6.5oz loopwheel crewneck T-shirt for $85.
https://www.ironheartamerica.com/tops/iht-1610-wht.html

I received a pair of Dickies black work jeans, and they are fantastic! If you like a relaxed style leg (11.5” across the thigh) and good healthy rise (12” front/ 15” back) these give an alt look to the regular 5 pocket versions- a very old-timey workwear look. The only thing is that I wish the hem was a bit wider. They measure 8.5”, but would be better at 10” IMO.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like black jeans but I don't like them when they are just slightly faded, would be OK when its heavily faded, but when it loses just a little bit of blackness but not showing white yet that phase is so ugly.

This is interesting:
EE8A4398-363B-4E99-AB67-958B79EA965C.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
I love my Levi 517's in black. They are called bootcut but in reality they are straight cuts. I prefer the hem on my jeans to measure between 10"-12'" flat and the Levis 517 is a paltry 9.5"

My son can help you out! He is currently modding jeans to a 12-14” leg opening :)
We’ve also found Levis 579s to be pretty sweet.

andyone

A-List Customer
I noticed that I have not yet added here what I finally bought.
Since I bought another pair of pants from "Cushman", I became aware of the model 22184 Black Denim WW2.
Have the then also ordered, since it has met my requirements (little/no taper, high rise, wide cut). Priced more expensive than the Wrangler, about the same as a pair of pants from Pike Brothers.

44877624ps.jpeg

Pictures from the store
https://www.celluloid1984.com/?pid=169683786

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Only big sizes left at this Swedish retailer but TCB is good around this price range. Also Sugar Cane, both of those two are value heavy hitters in my opinion.

EDIT: Just realised I'm way late to the party on this thread

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21