Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for black leather walking shoes

Zetachaox

New in Town
My Clarks Caribou are nearing the end of their life and I'm looking to replace them. I'm hoping to find something confortable in all black (including sole) that is of a relatively simple design. I've tried Ecco shoes and while I like some of their designs the sizing doesn't agree with me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject and the search has been rather frustrating. Thanks.

Horn Draoi

New in Town
My Clarks Caribou are nearing the end of their life and I'm looking to replace them. I'm hoping to find something confortable in all black (including sole) that is of a relatively simple design. I've tried Ecco shoes and while I like some of their designs the sizing doesn't agree with me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject and the search has been rather frustrating. Thanks.
Samuel Hubbard, perhaps?

Zetachaox

New in Town
I'll have to check if there are any stores close by with Rockys or Thorogoods in stock. Samuel Hubbard is a bit out of my price range and somewhat dressier than I would like.

I am a huge fan of Meindl. Their walking shoes are incredible. A fairly wide last fits my foot and the leather is top notch. My first pair lasted me 25 years, 4 rebuilds and finally the uppers just wore out. My second pair is into their 3rd resole and the uppers still look like new. This second pair I wore as work shoes, walking 8-10km per day, 4 days a week, for 7 years. Expensive but worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner