Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for book reviewer or Bobby Darin fan

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Hey kids,

I recently received a copy of "Roman Candle: The Life of Bobby Darin," and I'm looking for someone to do a short review for RetroRadar.com. If you're an aspiring journalist, a prolific blogger, and/or a fan of Darin's music, please drop me a line. We can't afford to pay our contributors at present, but you'll see your name in lights--and, heck, you get a free book. ;)

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

LuckyLighter

Familiar Face
How long's the book? If it's not too extensive, I'll take a crack at it.

Don't get me wrong...I love to read--in some ways, that's my job. I've just never done a book review before, so I would be more comfortable with a shorter book to get my feet wet. I imagine the longer the book, the more complicated the review would be.

Just for the record, I am a big Darin fan.

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Hey Lucky,

Thanks for the note! The book is 250 pages, which includes about 10 pages of photos. It's standard "book" size (about 6" x 9"), if that helps. My guess is it's a quick and fun read, but my opinion is admittedly biased. ;)

If you're willing to give it a whirl, please shoot me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll get the package right out to you.

All the best,
Leslie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy