Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for ideas/advice for a new jacket

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well now I hate you. But seriously. Dude. That will be so incredibly, insanely almost painfully cool...I'm not sure a painted back is even remotely necessary.
But I can see why you'd be tempted. It's like standing at the top of Everest and just saying to hell with it and jumping into outer space. None of that makes sense but I'm sorry. That jacket in green will be just jaw dropping. I literally can't wait to see it and I also dread seeing it as I'm sure my vision will be impaired by tears.

It is as you say, the jacket doesn't need the back painted as it already will be very unique, but at the same time going that extra step could be fun!
So still thinking about it, Theodoros simply told me to find the design then we can discuss.
Love your description of the everest :D :D :D

Oh, well that's good! I'm pretty excited to see it now.

Hope it doesn't disappoint! :D

I don't think it needs it, but something small on the shoulder could be cool.
Cant wait to see the Green!

On the shoulder could be good as well.
I really like the green, it's a darker shade in Buffalo.

I'd be looking at WWII airmen's jacket art for inspiration. They had all sorts of imagery which could serve as a template for your jacket. Those boys had some brilliant ideas.

Thanks! Been abusing google images lately :D

I'm with @ton312 - I kinda hate you in that "I wish I had the sack" to try that way.
Def looking forward to pics of this one! ETA?

It hasn't started production... reason being I have another one coming first :oops:
I will likely get it by mid to end of Autumn

Edward

Bartender
5.jpg

This in dark green

Isn't that basically the Snake Plissken jacket from Escape from New York? In which case, that might give you some visual inspiration....

This will look good in green. I like Thedi's green hides - I've actually considered this model myself in their green, with some alterations to take armour for a bike jacket.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Isn't that basically the Snake Plissken jacket from Escape from New York? In which case, that might give you some visual inspiration....

This will look good in green. I like Thedi's green hides - I've actually considered this model myself in their green, with some alterations to take armour for a bike jacket.

This is one of those movies I should have watched but haven't yet... Will check it out soon!
I had the option between buffalo and cowhide, both great. Ended up choosing the green buffalo as I liked it more :)

SJC

Suspended
Sorry couldn't come up with a better title :oops:

Anyway, I have a double rider on order, and have the option to get something painted on it. I had in mind to put something on the back, but am not too sure.

Anybody ever considered painting a jacket, and if so what would you do?
And if you wouldn't do it, what puts you off doing it?

Sorry for the confusing message but need some help deciding on that :D
I highly recommend the Schott Bros 641 HH in front quarter Italian horsehide. Worth every penny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou