Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Italian and Japanese Leather Jackets

Gabri

New in Town
I have a waxed cotton Belstaff jacket. and measured as best I could. if I measured correctly it is about 23 inches and the jacket fits well, even with a sweater
Okay, its not leather :)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
23" seems very small for a size 44, I have a 41" chest and aim for 22.5" to 23" pit to pit.
Are you measuring the front panel only? Or including the side panels too.

marker2037

Practically Family
I agree, 23" is very small for a 44. That's a proper size 42. For a 44" chest, anywhere from 24-25" should be right. Don't worry, you're in good hands with Wested.

Gabri

New in Town
23" seems very small for a size 44, I have a 41" chest and aim for 22.5" to 23" pit to pit.
Are you measuring the front panel only? Or including the side panels too.

only the front panel from pit to pit. not right?

at the thickest point on the chest I'm about 109-110cm

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
only the front panel from pit to pit. not right?

Not right indeed.
Zip the jacket up, lay it flat, stretch the entire jacket flat pulling the armpits tight on either side (imagine you are trying to perfectly flatten a cardboard tube). Measure from side to side just below the armpits, at the widest point, ignoring the side seams. Side panels should be included.
If you have underarm gussets/footbals i usually don't include them in but i take into account the fact that i can probably get away with slightly smaller pit to pit if the jacekt has them.

Gabri

New in Town
Not right indeed.
Zip the jacket up, lay it flat, stretch the entire jacket flat pulling the armpits tight on either side (imagine you are trying to perfectly flatten a cardboard tube). Measure from side to side just below the armpits, at the widest point, ignoring the side seams. Side panels should be included.
If you have underarm gussets/footbals i usually don't include them in but i take into account the fact that i can probably get away with slightly smaller pit to pit if the jacekt has them.

Ok ;)

I converted my approx. 109-110 cm into inches again. Sometimes I'm 108cm, depending on how much fast food I eat or not: D
At 109cm I'm 42.9 inches.
The recommendation was if you are somewhere in between it is better to take one size higher.
The problem with many leather jackets is that they are tighter at the bottom and therefore do not fit me.

Gabri

New in Town
Unfortunately I had to send my Kingsman jacket back :(
Unfortunately, it is much too short. Even a bit shorter than the size chart.

Maybe Im going for custom made to add some inch more

But I'm not sure ...
Wasted £ 40 on shipping costs :confused:

I think the cut of the jacket makes the jacket look even shorter than it already is.
If you close the jacket and stand straight, it will be pulled up more at the front than at the back.
Otherwise the jacket looks really cool, quality is great (for my senses)

Gabri

New in Town
I ordered a Schott jacket in cowhide. It is probably the European version which is made in China / Pakistan. Was available in a well-known online outlet for 169 €. In terms of price it is definitely not a US made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy