Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for some education on an eBay jacket please.

Too small for me. But here it is in all its glory…

6033C773-29D6-40F8-84CA-86A0728D174B.jpeg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@El Marro hello. Didn’t you have an unlined Cal CR? And then added the liner?
Hey JMax, I do own an unlined Cal CR but I did not have it lined. The jacket is made from the thinner leather you have described and it is in very good condition for its age. There is something very odd about the cut of my jacket though and I suspect it was orginally made for a man with a large belly because it has a rather billowy shapeless form, almost like a leather poncho.

Oh god!! That’s a perfect size for me!

The seller seems like a decent gent. Maybe wait a month or so and offer something more digestible? I seriously doubt it will sell for his ask and even his offer of $800 probably won’t fly for most buyers. He maybe just needs to see that.

jadub

A-List Customer
Ahh heck Jmax! Why’d you have to go and bring that Cal thread to the top!? Now I’m all kinds of antsy. Those are some amazing jackets! And you got quite the stable! That rough out is a stunner.

Looks like it’s gone. Someone here? Whoever bought it knew it was next level.

jadub

A-List Customer
I should have pushed it over to “finds and deals” so more people could see it. I Suppose it’s too late now. Maybe it will find its way to the FL family some how.

austinchase

New in Town
What specific technical details or information are you seeking regarding the eBay jacket, such as its material composition, care instructions, sizing, or any unique features it may have? Additionally, are there any particular concerns or issues you have encountered with the jacket that you would like addressed?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I think @Claybertrand had an awesome list of questions to ask before you hit that Buy It Now button or bid to win. At the very least ask for detailed measurements (shoulder to shoulder, pit to pit, sleeve length, jacket length, hem width) and whether there are any odors at all (cigarette, mold, perfume). These are very difficult to get rid of. Don't buy a jacket if the pictures are not clear - not worth the risk. Look for dry cracks in the leather, rips, holes - these are all disqualifying features for 99.9% of jackets.

austinchase

New in Town
I would like to know the eBay jacket's material composition, care instructions, sizing, and any unique features. Additionally, I would like to address any concerns or issues you have encountered with the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass