Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Vintage Tweed

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I teach at a college and would love this fall to be wearing a vintage tweed jacket (yes, I know - the stereotype).

If anyone comes across one in size (regular) 40-41-42, and its in good shape, please PM me or email me at:

briansheridanerie@yahoo.com

I have kept my eye on Ebay but no luck so far.

THANKS!

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Brian Sheridan said:
I teach at a college and would love this fall to be wearing a vintage tweed jacket (yes, I know - the stereotype).

If anyone comes across one in size (regular) 40-41-42, and its in good shape, please PM me or email me at:

briansheridanerie@yahoo.com

I have kept my eye on Ebay but no luck so far.

THANKS!

Brian

I think you need to be a little more specific in your requirements.

Alan

The real Henry

Practically Family
I have a high quality Harris tweed sport coat in size 40R. The fabric is made many different colours which create a nice brown tone together. It has patch pockets and and leather buttons. Sadly, it's only from the 80s.

Regards,
Henrik

carter

I'll Lock Up
Brian, I routinely pick-up Harris Tweed sportcoats in thrift stores in Dallas. I give them to a ldy who makes vests and hats from the fabric. If I run across one or more in your size, I'll let you know.

You may want to try sourcing from local thrifts as well.

Good luck. Carter

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
carter said:
Brian, I routinely pick-up Harris Tweed sportcoats in thrift stores in Dallas. I give them to a ldy who makes vests and hats from the fabric. If I run across one or more in your size, I'll let you know.

You may want to try sourcing from local thrifts as well.

Good luck. Carter

Thanks a bunch for that.

Sadly, our small city does not have thrift store that carry any clothing of note.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Indy Magnoli is the other way - if you want to go custom made. Bookster on the'Bay is the other guy - but how vintage do you want it? Could any one tell me if they know of any vintage tweed suppliers particularly Donegal.

Micawber

A-List Customer
There are usually plenty of tweed jackets on ebay uk, good ones can be had that way from private individuals without having to resort to paying premium prices from dealers.

Paris7

New in Town
Damon Falzone said:
Try "Style Service" on ebay. They are a British outfit with lots of nice English tweeds. LOL.

English Harris Tweed?! ..... I'll forgive you just this once but don't let another Scot hear you say that.....

OK, that said try the UK:

http://www.highlandstore.com/acatalog/Harris_Tweed_Jacket.html

http://www.harristweedandknitwear.co.uk/shop_pages/menswear.html

Not Scottish but some very nice jackets on this site

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BOOKSTER1UK_Mens-Jackets_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ3197307QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Try this for style!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INCREDIBLE-EN...QihZ015QQcategoryZ313QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
GREAT CALL PARIS!!!!

I bought this bad boy!!! Your thoughts?

tweed2.jpg
tweed1.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Brian, I checked out that website. Verrry nice stuff.

That is a GREAT jacket. Well done! Well have to see photos once you have it!

You gotta Love the Lounge. Carter

Paris7

New in Town
That is a jacket, glad you like it too.

Brian Sheridan said:
I do! But my bank account doesn't!

Well ..... I thought that one might get you right in the bank balance! It is a bit special, very definitely "the business", I think it would have been very much more expensive when new. I like the vented back, it'll be very comfortable when you are out Grouse shooting.

I'm delighted to have found a solution for you.

Now, I don't doubt your dress sense Brian, after all you chose the right jacket - just to say that to be taken for an authentic British gentleman you need to keep the rest seriously understated or "quiet". My wife (a French cinema Stylist) suggests a pair of cavalry twill trousers in the colour of the dark brown stripe, a pair of top quality but not over polished vintage, brown Lobbs (if possible) brogues, a cream or white collarless? open neck fine linen or Egyptian cotton shirt, no handkerchief in the pocket (a bad sign that, definitely not British) and forget the cravat but get a "well loved" loden green or rust coloured - sorry colored - Locks Irish tweed cap or flat hat. No fedora with that jacket cut and no tartan socks....!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats