Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to buy an A-2 jacket, opinions...

Barman

Familiar Face
I agree about the Cooper A2 recommendation.
I have one in goatskin which I've owned for more than a decade, it's one of the sturdiest jackets I've ever seen. It's not a repro but at least doesn't have any hand-warmer pockets.
You can get them for cheap on eBay and they'll last you a lifetime if you take good care of them.
As for the sizing: I've got a 43" chest, and my Cooper is size 44.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm getting my Aerial Star back next week. :)

Long story short, I gifted it to my sister's fiancee at the time, and he doesn't wear it. So back it goes. I'll try to put up another review next week. That's a nice jacket to look into too. I tuck my dang shirt in now so I think it won't look as short as when I initially got it.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Why doesn't he wear it? If somebody gifted me a jacket that looked as good as your Aerial, I'd wear it in all weathers.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Why doesn't he wear it? If somebody gifted me a jacket that looked as good as your Aerial, I'd wear it in all weathers.

He said it was too big on him. I thought it looked the business. The kid just graduated the Cal Maritime Academy near the top of his class, and they're headed to Japan for three years. Doubt he'll be taking it on the ship, and I don't want to see it hanging up in a small humid closet without love. So back it goes. I could tell when I gave it to him that he was less enthusiastic about it than I was. Speaking of Japan, I believe they'll be in Yakasuka (sp?). If that's near any of the stores I'll be sure to be a liaison for some of you guys.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Having heard the positive experiences people have had with Rakuten, ordering from Japan seems a far less forbidding prospect.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having heard the positive experiences people have had with Rakuten, ordering from Japan seems a far less forbidding prospect.

The only issue I see for you guys living in UK is the tax, duties and handling fees etc. To avoid any misunderstanding, it is best to first look at the shop information page on Rakuten Global to see if they ship overseas. There are however shops that do ship overseas but neglected to mention it on that page, so you may want to email the shop thru Rakuten to confirm. If they do not reply, it may mean that they do not speak English, so please do not feel offended. One thing though, the shops will send you an email detailing the shipping costs and final costs, you may be required to confirm shipping but that is not a must for them. So sometimes they just email you and ship right away, so it is always good to ask about shipping in advance if you are ordering heavy items like boots.

Well, it is VLJ, so the name basically says it all. LOL.

Last edited:

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
My US Authentic A-2 arrived today, here are some pictures I took right after trying it on. This is medium brown goatskin, but looks almost black in the pictures. I think once it's broken in a little this will fit great.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
Yep, this jacket is a keeper! I am wearing it around the house right now and it's softening up real nice, very comfortable. It looks good with a hat too, though I'll inevitably be bombarded with Indiana Jones comments. lol

Wingsken

New in Town
This is my aero a2 38 1711p i ordered last year.
It was pretty stiff when i got it and ive broken it in while driving, visiting ww2 bunkers, working etc... it didnt fit me directly out of the box. But it shaped up fast. Im very happy with it (zipper did break fast and one of the button snaps has come loose though, aero fixed them for free including shipping).

Attachments

• 2015-04-16 10.06.43.jpg
    2015-04-16 10.06.43.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 418

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
For an authentic A-2 fit should the bottom hem wrap around your belt or be right below the belt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn