Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to trade (or MAYBE sell) these vintage 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 hats

MattJH

One Too Many
Tan Brooks Brothers stingy brim in 7 5/8 - I consider stingy brims to be anything under 2", and this is one of only two stingy brimmed fedoras that I own, and for good reason -- I really, really, really like it. This hat goes with jeans just as well as it does an overcoat, and I'm sure everyone knows by now my affinity for Brooks Brothers. Comes with the original Brooks Brothers hatbox.

Charcoal Dobbs 25 Golden Coach in 7 5/8 - Crown: 5 1/2", Brim: 1 7/8", Ribbon: 2". This is my other stingy brim. This hat is an fairly immaculate shape, and the box, too. It even includes the original care pamphlet for the hat. I'm offering this because I never wear it and I'm not doing the hat any justice letting it sit around to collect dust. Comes with the original Dobbs Golden Coach hatbox.

Black Knox 20 in 7 3/4 Long Oval - In my original thread on this hat linked here, I talk about the strong musty smell. Well, it's gone, so disregard that entirely. I'm offering this for the same reason I'm offering the Golden Coach above... I never wear it. Comes with the original, water-damaged Knox hatbox.

Brown Dobbs 20 in 7 5/8 - With a 6" crown and 2 3/4" brim, this is the only classically-proportioned vintage fedora that I own, due only in part to their rarity in the larger sizes. Here's the deal with this hat; I love it, but I never really wear it because I don't think the large brim works for my face. I've essentially been keeping it around in hopes that suddenly it will work for me, but it just doesn't. Comes with the original Dobbs hatbox.

Moonstone Grey Akubra Stylemaster in 7 5/8 - This is NOT vintage, but it is difficult to find! This was a special order that took over three months to arrive on my doorstep. Great hat, great proportions, and it's in absolutely mint condition as I've hardly worn it at all, hence it being listed here. Does not come with a hatbox.

What I'm looking for - My size is a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4. I'd love to get my hands on a Champ Featherweight or other equally-lightweight fedoras. I would love an Adventurebilt. I would love a Stetson Playboy or Stetson Whippet. I'm always interested in Brooks Brothers and Herbert Johnson. I'm still on the lookout for my first vintage Borsalino. MacLachlan, my favorite hat maker, is always welcome, moreso than any other including Borsalino. Basically, if you have a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4 hat that you'd be willing to part with, I would be grateful to see pictures and have an opportunity to make a trade or a trade + cash from you or myself, depending on the values exchanged.

This is an open offer until I respond saying it's over.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to what this posting may generate.

MattJH

One Too Many
I've received several buy-it-now offers, but no trade offers. I'm still interested!

MattJH

One Too Many
carter:

They're all still available. I have many offers of outright purchasing, but I'd really prefer to set up a trade. I'm interested in seeing photographs / specs on the Borsalino Stockman. I did a Google search but didn't find anything on it.

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
IF it gets to the point you are inclined to sell any of your hats...I'd like to know if the stylemaster is a tight or loose 7 5/8? I'm 23 1/2 inches + maybe an 1/8 depending on how long it's been since I had a haircut, so 7 1/2 up to a smallish 7 5/8 will fit. Thanks and good luck getting the trades you are hoping for, Hoss

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dumbjaw said:
carter:

They're all still available. I have many offers of outright purchasing, but I'd really prefer to set up a trade. I'm interested in seeing photographs / specs on the Borsalino Stockman. I did a Google search but didn't find anything on it.

I took some photos this evening and will try to send tomorrow. Hectic day since we leave for vacation Thursday.
The Borso is almost white and has some evidence of mothing (no holes) and a waterstain at the rear under the thin ribbon. Liner is immaculate. I'm just looking for a straight-up trade if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran