Lost Cal Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jonbuilder, Apr 20, 2021.

1. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I just purchased a Taubers on Esty. I do not visit Esty often but have a faint memory of buying a jacket there in the past. Going through my Esty account I see a purchase of Cal Leather on Jan 18, 2020. I find the transaction in my paypal account and see the seller sent me a tracking number. I have no memory of receiving this Cal Leather or Selling it and I do not have it now. I searched TFL classifies and the incoming jacket thread no sign of it. Now starting about this time mid-Jan 2020 through early March 2020 I was going through some bad life change events that made missing a jacket irrelevant. I suspect I never received the jacket and forgot about it coming. I do not think I actually receive the jacket and turned it over with no memory or record. I did search Paypal no record of selling it.
    I know I turned over a heavy cal Leather that reminded me of Star Glove and a light brown Cal Leather in 2020 not the jacket in question.
    Does anyone have an idea or remember the jacket pictures below
    il_1140xN.2179809595_d7ld.jpg il_300x300.2179792577_i85c.jpg

King B likes this.
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I do not recall you posting anything about it.

The only Cal LAPD with a chest pocket I remember was the one @ton312 used to own. Been some time though. A rare bird.

3. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

yep I still have that pup

JMax likes this.
  4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I do not recall any conversaion about this jacket Jon - most sorry for this situation.

5. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

What does the tracking number show when entered jon?

jonbuilder likes this.
  6. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I found the tracking the jacket was left on my front pouch I just have no memory of the jacket scarry

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  7. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Let’s ask @Jin431. Maybe he knows.

8. Monitor

Monitor

You know... I do in fact vaguely remember someone posting a few photos of a CHP leather jacket with a slanted chest pocket - Which is the reason why I memorized it as it might've been the first time I had seen this feature on a Cal jacket - But I don't have a clue if it was this particular jacket. Or if it was even a Cal Leathers at all as it could've been any other CHP style but... Thinking about it, it had to have been Cal because otherwise I wouldn't have found it noteworthy.

So in short, yeah, I might have seen it though I cannot say with any certainty under what circumstances. Could be that someone simply posted photos from the listing. No idea.

jonbuilder and Jin431 like this.
  9. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Boy i had to laugh at this one.
    Not to poke cruel fun at you @jonbuilder but welcome to my world. I hope you locate your Cal. Maybe you’ll get lucky and find 5 more you have no recall of like has happened to me with hats(more than once). Pleasant but disturbing.
    I found my similarities had NOTHING to do with age...just a time-space continuum phase issue.
    If i run into your Cal i’ll remember to let you know.
    Good hunting.
    B

10. Seank

Seank One of the Regulars

Porch pirate?

jonbuilder and Jin431 like this.
  11. Kubatu

Kubatu One of the Regulars

12. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Investigation done, case solved

13. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

14. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Yes that is the jacket I thought I was losing my mind

tweedydon, sweetfights and AeroFan_07 like this.
  15. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I appreciate everyone's help it was disturbing to think I lost track of even receiving:confused: a Cal jacket

ton312, sweetfights, JMax and 3 others like this.
  16. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

This thread reminds me of Sunday morning when my girlfriend was helping me straighten up a little bit. I was upset because I couldn’t find my RMC Storm Rider. I showed her my IH Storm Rider to give her an idea what it looked like and she immediately pointed at another jacket: “there it is” she said. Only she was pointing at my Lee Japan Storm Rider...

ton312, Peacoat, jonbuilder and 3 others like this.
  17. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

You’ll sleep well tonight Jon ...

jonbuilder, sweetfights and Jin431 like this.
  18. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

sign #1 you may have too many jackets ;);););) Although I'm at the point where I had to create a spreadsheet to make sure I was rotating them in enough to get some wears, so who am I to talk?

19. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

All the more reason to always post newly aquired jackets somewhere in FL - so if we cannot recall, someone else might - that we actually did have it at one time. So glad you found this on Jon! :)

20. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I get pretty confused as well. I can't remember what jackets I put into storage before heading for the Island. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of GWs in that box.

steve u, sweetfights and Jin431 like this.