Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Buco Rider has arrived

arkadijs

Familiar Face
[QUOTE = "arkadijs, post: 2303516, участник: 39174"] Когда я заказал пригородную куртку, я тоже столкнулся с дилеммой, какую кожу выбрать? У меня уже я был
летняя куртка Rider весом 4 унции (кожаная куртка только в то время не было также опыта и знаний). Я консультировался со Стюартом. Он сказал 3,5 унции. очень тяжелый и лучший компромисс между весом и комфортом. Действительно, по моему субъективному мнению, если не для езды на мотоцикле - 3,5 унции - этого вполне достаточно! [/ QUOTE]

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I think it's rather simple in my experience, a typical 3oz HH jacket is around 5 lbs (4.5-5.5) like Aero, Schott. and the Suburban I have is 3.5-4oz which is 6.3lbs, the test I have is 7.4 lbs which he claim is 4oz +HH, and I especially asked him to use heavist HH to make j23, turns out 8.2 lbs, therefore your jacket is definitely 4.5 oz.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I think it's rather simple in my experience, a typical 3oz HH jacket is around 5 lbs (4.5-5.5) like Aero, Schott. and the Suburban I have is 3.5-4oz which is 6.3lbs, the test I have is 7.4 lbs which he claim is 4oz +HH, and I especially asked him to use heavist HH to make j23, turns out 8.2 lbs, therefore your jacket is definitely 4.5 oz.
Aero is much heavier than Schott..............

SFGII

New in Town
One week later, its beginning to soften. I really, really like wearing this jacket.

IMG_5694.JPG

SFGII

New in Town
Update on the hide used to build the beast. I sent an email expressing my appreciation for his work and suggesting perhaps he had forgotten to reduce the standard weight hide to 3.5 oz and as usual Stu replied promptly. After thanks for the kind words about his work he went on to state that he did use 3.5 oz HH. The added weight is a result of the crown zips and the bulk is from the canvas drill interlining used for wind resistance and warmth. Ah, I get it now, makes sense. His attention to detail is remarkable. I have and do still own many handmade and bespoke garments from hats to suits to leathers. None have given me the satisfaction of wearing this jacket. My Monticristi hats come close though, and I do love my suits although due to a lifestyle shift I seldom wear them much anymore.

I love this thing and it continues to get better day by day. I slept in it last night with just a t shirt underneath. It served to confirm my wife's opinion that I'm loco, lol.

I will be ordering a LW Downtown in 3-3.5 oz black HH in the near future.

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
Great jacket! The fit is impeccable.

Quick question.

1)How long did it take for a jacket to arrive? (production time)
2)Is LW true to the size? (maybe compared to Aero cafe racer or Langlitz?)

Thank you so much! and again, I really enjoyed your review!

SFGII

New in Town
Great jacket! The fit is impeccable.

Quick question.

1)How long did it take for a jacket to arrive? (production time)
2)Is LW true to the size? (maybe compared to Aero cafe racer or Langlitz?)

Thank you so much! and again, I really enjoyed your review!

IMG_5702.JPG It took about 7 weeks from time of order to arrive. I asked Stuart about current lead time on a Downtown and he stated 6-7 weeks.

I find it remarkable that the fit is so good given the limited information he requested. Height, weight chest size. What he recommended is a 44R. OTR size with no modifications.

I had a Langlitz years ago which I was fitted for and it didn't fit nearly as well. I eventually sold it because of poor fit. After experiencing both Langlitz and LW I am of the opinion that with regard to fit and execution they are not even in the same league. LW craftsmanship is elevated to the level of art.

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
View attachment 88253 It took about 7 weeks from time of order to arrive. I asked Stuart about current lead time on a Downtown and he stated 6-7 weeks.

I find it remarkable that the fit is so good given the limited information he requested. Height, weight chest size. What he recommended is a 44R. OTR size with no modifications.

I had a Langlitz years ago which I was fitted for and it didn't fit nearly as well. I eventually sold it because of poor fit. After experiencing both Langlitz and LW I am of the opinion that with regard to fit and execution they are not even in the same league. LW craftsmanship is elevated to the level of art.

Thanks for the detailed info!

I can see what you mean. Your photo looks just impeccable. The jacket looks almost like a bespoke jacket.

An heirloom for sure.

Cheers!

SFGII

New in Town
IMG_5756 copy.jpg
It's been a little over a month. I've worked at breaking this thing in. Slept in it twice, kneaded the shit out of it, walked 3 miles in a light rain. It's just beginning to soften up. In a couple years this will be like a second armor skin.

Milesdeathescape

One of the Regulars
I have had 6 Lost Worlds jackets- all amazing with the exception of one zipper issue. Jackets will last a lifetime then be passed onto your children's children. Lifetime purchase. Never had a single problem with Stu. Great guy in all my interactions with him.
Superior quality.

Awesome! I have the ANJ-4. It’s amazing. What have you had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana