Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Buco Rider sizing question

DLBERNAU

New in Town
Does anyone have any experience (size wise) with the LW Buco Rider? I’m looking at a used model in size 48. Unfortunately his measuremen’t pics are terrible. I have a Schott 689 hh in size 48 that fits me great, and a couple of Vansons in size 50 that also fit nicely. FWIW I’m about 6’ 2.5’’ and 250 pounds.
Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have a BUNCH of LW jackets, the Buco rider is one that sizes larger than others.
I would recommend sizing down on the Buco rider compared to the J-23, the Leathertogs etc.
All my Vanson are size 42 and my size 42 Buco Rider is slightly larger than they are.
I wear most of my LW jackets in size 42 and i would say my 42 Buco rider fits like a 44.

All that to say, it should fit, but keep in mind that custom LW jackets have regular labels so the specific jacket you are looking at could have been custom ordered with short arms or long body, or tighter hem, and you wouldn't know it wihtout looking at the measurements...

If you can get good measurement pics it will definitely help.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
I have a BUNCH of LW jackets, the Buco rider is one that sizes larger than others.
I would recommend sizing down on the Buco rider compared to the J-23, the Leathertogs etc.
All my Vanson are size 42 and my size 42 Buco Rider is slightly larger than they are.
I wear most of my LW jackets in size 42 and i would say my 42 Buco rider fits like a 44.

All that to say, it should fit, but keep in mind that custom LW jackets have regular labels so the specific jacket you are looking at could have been custom ordered with short arms or long body, or tighter hem, and you wouldn't know it wihtout looking at the measurements...

If you can get good measurement pics it will definitely help.
A Bunch

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. Thats pretty close to what I’m getting too. Still wondering what to use the gusset pocket for lol

I have never used the gusset pocket, it doesn't really make any sens as a pocket.
The front "sandwich pocket" (TM pending) is a super convenient pocket, it fits a full baguette, a bottle of wine, anything.
Be aware that the handwarmers and patch pockets are pretty much useless, they are too far to the sides and very hard to reach if you can't dislocate your elbows.
Also if you plan on riding a bike wearing it, the sandwich pocket is not 100% airtight and in winter will let enough cold air in to freeze you in no time.
Even though it's not "perfect" its one of my favourite LW jackts.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's the LW Buco rider based on an original Buco design? I've been never seen on original with a d pocket on the chest.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
It's the LW Buco rider based on an original Buco design? I've been never seen on original with a d pocket on the chest.
From the product description, seems like it may be just a one-off piece they did. Maybe just design experimentation.

I have never used the gusset pocket, it doesn't really make any sens as a pocket.
The front "sandwich pocket" (TM pending) is a super convenient pocket, it fits a full baguette, a bottle of wine, anything.
Be aware that the handwarmers and patch pockets are pretty much useless, they are too far to the sides and very hard to reach if you can't dislocate your elbows.
Also if you plan on riding a bike wearing it, the sandwich pocket is not 100% airtight and in winter will let enough cold air in to freeze you in no time.
Even though it's not "perfect" its one of my favourite LW jackts.

Yeah, figured there wouldn’t be much of a point to it. I asked Stuart about taking it out, but apparently it’s intrinsic to the design.
Thanks for sharing your experience with it, looking forward to it a lot.

trob09

New in Town
I have a LW Buco rider in 48 and a Vanson MK2 CSR2 Sportrider in 50. They fit ‘about’ the same. I say about because the vanson is tighter in the waist/midsection (although it is adjustable) and the LW Buck is a bit tighter in the upper-arms/sleeves - not uncomfortably so, the vanson is more for sport riding and the LW is more of a casual jacket. To be fair, the Vanson has armor in it (elbows, shoulder and back) so that impacts the fit some.

for reference, I also have a LW PJ27 in 50 and an Aero cafe racer in 50. The Aero is the loosest of these, but it is also the lightest weight leather.

I’m 6’, 235-ish pounds…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany