Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Deerskin J100 Sz50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
In my view, there is nothing wrong with flipping a jacket bought on ebay and trying to sell it here to make profit. If I scored a Buco that did not fit me for $200 on Craigslist you can bet your bottom dollar I would list it here for $1,500. On the other hand, there is everything wrong with buying a jacket here below market price because of benevolence/camaraderie of our great members and trying to flip it here or on ebay.

Perhaps some honesty
@jacketjunkie, @Carlos840 - Suggesting being the operative word here. Suggesting a price correction is one thing, personally calling out a member for what appears so far to be a personal agenda, is another.

There is a difference between saying "I believe you have priced your item too highly above market value." vs "You bought it for (as much) and are making a profit of it!".

Is @MemphisBlues' FS thread in a violation of either of the quoted criteria so that it requires interference by other members?

It is priced fairly (IMO) & all the photos look good to me so in what way is the conduct taken by @tek8080 justified?

I was clearly making an illustration, mirroring his presumptuous behavior, hence the italic font & me outright saying how mean and baseless my post would've otherwise been.
Of course I don't know Tek's financial situation, same as I am only guessing that he is angry because he didn't luck out on the initial eBay auction for this jacket. Hell, I don't even know if he ever wanted it; Just as Tek doesn't know if Blues indeed got the jacket off eBay and if he actually is making a profit by selling it here.

These are all irrelevancies, speculation and guessing and have no business in other persons business.
Selling here should not be a "business" IMO. If you want to run a business, put the stuff on ebay or other marketplace sites where people (millions?) do run a business. Pay your fees, pay your taxes, run a legitimate biz. I wonder how it would be if TFL started pulling a commission on sales here, which they easily could do...

Since they do not and these transactions are private and exempt from all the pitfalls, fees and legalities of other selling platforms, to do such a thing is actually taking advantage of the forum itself, not just the members

This isn't a place to hatch get rich slow schemes by nickel and diming members and taking advantage of the free and open platform provided.

Also. and this is important!!!!!!

The fact is this jacket WOULD HAVE SOLD FOR LESS than the OP paid if relisted on ebay and he knows it. PERIOD! It sold for what it did for a reason! Not some made up early bird bullshit! It was an auction that spanned 7 days!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You see, what irks me is I'm being accused of something I didn't do. I'm not trying to screw anyone over.

I bought the jacket (not on eBay), and I opted to list it here because it doesn't fit me and I know there are folks here who would be interested.

The fact that I need a backstory to defend my reason of selling a jacket or that it *may* have passed hands, if this is the same one from eBay before it reached me and on this forum, creates the impression I did something wrong and I'm really just trying to get my money back.

One thing that is clear to me, though, after this kind of treatment, what camaraderie is there really? It certainly doesn't feel that way on my end. I see a bunch of folks congratulating themselves on their good intentions, all the while ignoring basic logic and actual goodwill. Claims need evidence. None were provided. And goodwill is about offering the benefit of the doubt. Especially in the absence of evidence. Instead, I got shitposted by folks who were too busy assuming the worst while treating suspicions as evidence and repeating those suspicions as if they were factual.

So, for those that spoke up and defended me, I sincerely thank you. For those of you gaslighting the conversation with your expectations of ideal jacket history behavior, at any point you could have taken that conversation somewhere else among yourselves and, if that's your modus operandi for who you conduct business with, it may be a good practice for y'all moving forward to politely request that information from the OP upfront instead of assuming hearsay by a third-party as gospel. Otherwise, kindly save all of that for your DMs and your own classifieds.

So, am I annoyed? Kinda. Cause I thought Fedora Lounge had a better group of folks than that. And quite honestly, I enjoyed reading some of the posts and keeping up with it over the years. But when some folks jump the gun, continue to repeat falsehoods, needlessly stir the pot, double-down on unsubstantiated assertions, etc., what is there to appreciate? In my eyes, it made it very clear who I don't want to interact with again.
If you did not buy this jacket on eBay and it is not the jacket that Tek is referring to that did sell on eBay, you could clear the issue by showing where and from whom you did buy the jacket. IMO using TFL to flip a jacket for 200% profit is questionable but not outside of boundaries. Misstating facts about the jacket, (this is not the jacket that Tek is referring to, I did not buy it on eBay) in your classified listing tread is outside of boundaries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21