Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J23 just arrived.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
gtrplyr - this is Randy who bought your J106 in your Avitar. I have a Size 44 of the same J23 in 4OZ FQHH. It's amazing but it's taking it's sweet time to break in. I someties wish I had gone for 3.5 OZ, but it shoud not fall apart for sure. Only issue I've had is the zipper "feels" a little weak. Could you take close ups of the zipper in yours? Mine may have to go back for an upgraded zipper...thanks

Randy,

No problem, Here's a couple of pics. When I ordered my jacket I asked about the zipper and was given the option of the smaller standard zipper, or a heavier (I think #10 zipper). Since I hated the small zipper on the Aero J106, I opted for the larger zipper. And I am glad I did.

Since you own my old J106 and have a LW J23 in size 44, how would you say they fit? Is the j23 in size 44 any different than the custom j106? I'm leaning towards keeping this size 46 j23. When I threw a soft tape-measure on the LW J23 in size 46 I can up with:
Pit to Pit: 23.75"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of cuff): 26.25
Back length from base of collar to end: 25"
Waist: 21"

Do you know your J23 size 44 measurements?

Attachments

• image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 801
  • image2-2.jpeg
    image2-2.jpeg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks that is the same zipper I have. I should clarify, it's the "wire" pull itself that feels a bit weak, but no actual issues so far.

I will indeed measure out the J23 (44 with sleeves asl "long" as possible without an up-charge is how I ordered it from Stu). The J106 feels a little tighter, but the leather is much softer now so balances out. I have both at home today, will get the details for your later tonight.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Thanks that is the same zipper I have. I should clarify, it's the "wire" pull itself that feels a bit weak, but no actual issues so far.

I will indeed measure out the J23 (44 with sleeves asl "long" as possible without an up-charge is how I ordered it from Stu). The J106 feels a little tighter, but the leather is much softer now so balances out. I have both at home today, will get the details for your later tonight.

The only thing I don't like about the zipper is that where the wire bends around it is really sharp. I'm concerned of scratching the leather, or cutting my finger. My wife does some leather working, so I'm gonna have her wrap the wire in leather to avoid getting cut.

I'm surprised that they both have a paperclip style puller. Don't most other jacket makers usually use a Talon or Talon replica solid pullers on their MC D-pockets and Cafe jackets..??
HD

seres

A-List Customer
The only thing I don't like about the zipper is that where the wire bends around it is really sharp. I'm concerned of scratching the leather, or cutting my finger. My wife does some leather working, so I'm gonna have her wrap the wire in leather to avoid getting cut.

I'm pretty sure you could re-form that wire and tuck the sharp ends in, and/or wrap the wire in leather (very good idea!).

Randy,

No problem, Here's a couple of pics. When I ordered my jacket I asked about the zipper and was given the option of the smaller standard zipper, or a heavier (I think #10 zipper). Since I hated the small zipper on the Aero J106, I opted for the larger zipper. And I am glad I did.

Since you own my old J106 and have a LW J23 in size 44, how would you say they fit? Is the j23 in size 44 any different than the custom j106? I'm leaning towards keeping this size 46 j23. When I threw a soft tape-measure on the LW J23 in size 46 I can up with:
Pit to Pit: 23.75"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of cuff): 26.25
Back length from base of collar to end: 25"
Waist: 21"

Do you know your J23 size 44 measurements?
Interesting. The 44" I owned measured almost exactly the same. Mine was 1" longer in the body but just about the same everywhere else...

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Interesting. The 44" I owned measured almost exactly the same. Mine was 1" longer in the body but just about the same everywhere else...

I have owned 44's and 46's and there is definitely a difference in the body in the J23. Both are tight but I prefer the 46 in Stuart's motorcycle jackets. I normally wear a 44 in his "street" jackets. Aero jackets, I am normally a 44.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So here's so interesting details I found on two rather similar (but very different) jackets:

Aero J106 (Tag size 42)
  • Pit to Pit: 23"
  • Shoulders: 19.25"
  • Sleeve (straight) 26.25"
  • Back Length 25"
  • Waist 21.5"
Lost Worlds J23 (Tag size 44)
  • Shoulders: 19.5"
  • Sleeve (straight) 25.75"
  • Back Length 25"
  • Waist 22.5"
I sometimes question myself on waist measurements. In any case these are rather similar, and you can add 1.25" to each sleeve dimension if you go around the sleeve on either jacket.

Hope this helps!

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Hi gtrplyr. Nice looking jacket. How does the jacket work with your apes? I know you were worried about it being restrictive. Does it seem like it would work as a riding jacket?

The bike is tucked away for winter storage so I couldn't tell you exactly. The jacket seems to allow for good reach horizontally (as if you were hugging yourself), but it does appear to have limited mobility vertically (raising your arms up). My old Langlitz had superior reach upward due to the addition of footballs under the arms. Once the jacket breaks in I don't think it's going to be a big deal, but I can't say that the jacket is the same as Langlitz, maybe similar to my Vanson Model B...

gtrplyr

A-List Customer

So here's so interesting details I found on two rather similar (but very different) jackets:

Aero J106 (Tag size 42)
  • Shoulders: 19.25"
  • Sleeve (straight) 26.25"
  • Back Length 25"
  • Waist 21.5"
Lost Worlds J23 (Tag size 44)
  • Shoulders: 19.5"
  • Sleeve (straight) 25.75"
  • Back Length 25"
  • Waist 22.5"
Ton and AeroFan

I remeasured the J23 and this is what I got (laying flat on table with the zipper zipped all the way up).

P2P: 24"
Shoulders (straight across the back): 19.75"
Sleeve (straight down from shoulder seam to end of cuff): 26"
Waist (straight across where the bottom of the belt would sit): 21"
Length (from where the collar attaches to the back of jacket straight down): 25"

AeroFan, when I looked up the pictures from when I sold you my old J106 the measurements were very close (chest was identical and that J106 is tagged a size 42).

B.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Sounds good, yes, I agree, the belt completes the jacket, and this "size 42" Aero J106 is rather similar to your new J23. Glad it's fitting you well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21