Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds jackets.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
They do, he narrowed my sleeves opening and shortened my sleeves length on Test

Stuart wrote me he wouldn't, generally. But this is the second time I read he did it. Weird.

I'm still amazed how to calculate size based on height and weight alone. people can be a massive triangular dude or pearshaped with a big gut and still sharing the same height and weight.

Exactly.

AM I went back to look at your orig. pics and I don't think it looks as bad as your making out. Your being to critical on yourself. IMO it's still too stiff and needs to break in more......

I disagree, and agree with @Americanaaa Mark after seeing the photos. I had exactly the same fit before the alteration:
1) a bit too long, which when seated makes the belt buckle sit on your... er... in front of the pubic bone (very uncomfortable and it also looks kind of "emo", despite Stuart hating anything in that vein).
2) Uncomfortably wide waist = no effective sealing against draft, contrary to this being one purpose of the belt, as someone brought up some posts ago. This makes the belt either mere decoration or if you really tighten it, the jacket will crumple and "spill" right above the belt, looking ridiculous.

Look at it this way: he may look good in it, but he could look so much better, and he should, for that price.

Also, to those who don't know the feel of a J23 on themselves, note that the front is longer than the back for whatever reasons (I suppose that's the original design, not a LW addition? But still, I don't see the purpose of this in a riding jacket where the opposite is more ergonomical).

In every other respect than waist fit, the LW J23 is pure awesomeness, the best jacket I ever had, bla bla, so I hope Stuart eventually offers a different cut, whether regular or custom. 4 cm shorter, something like 4 cm narrower at belt level (flat), and it'd be about perfect.

@ Mark/ regarding the sleeves: personally I too like them shorter (and did order customs), but their length here looks still ok to me, and their width looks perfect.

BUT... like I wrote about two days ago, it becomes a whole different story on a bike. Hence, would like to see photos wearing it seated, arms up. I suppose in that case you'll find that the chest, which now fits optimally, is no longer optimal too, i.e. that simply the whole jacket is one size too large.

(Slight edits for clarity)

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Stuart wrote me he wouldn't, generally. But this is the second time I read he did it. Weird.

Exactly.

I disagree, and agree with @Americanaaa Mark after seeing the photos. I had exactly the same fit before the alteration:
1) a bit too long, which when seated makes the belt buckle sit on your... er... in front of the pubic bone (very uncomfortable and it also looks kind of "emo", despite Stuart hating anything in that vein).
2) Uncomfortably wide waist = no effective sealing against draft, contrary to this being one purpose of the belt, as someone brought up some posts ago. This makes the belt either mere decoration or if you really tighten it, the jacket will crumple and "spill" right above the belt, looking ridiculous.

Look at it this way: he may look good in it, but he could look so much better, and he should, for that price.

Also, to those who don't know the feel of a J23 on themselves, note that the front is longer than the back for whatever reasons (I suppose that's the original design, not a LW addition? But still, I don't see the purpose of this in a riding jacket where the opposite is more ergonomical).

In every other respect than waist fit, the LW J23 is pure awesomeness, the best jacket I ever had, bla bla, so I hope Stuart eventually offers a different cut, whether regular or custom. 4 cm shorter, something like 4 cm narrower at belt level (flat), and it'd be about perfect.

@ Mark/ regarding the sleeves: personally I too like them shorter (and did order customs), but their length here looks still ok to me, and their width looks perfect.

BUT... like I wrote about two days ago, it becomes a whole different story on a bike. Hence, would like to see photos wearing it seated, arms up. I suppose in that case you'll find that the chest, which now fits optimally, is no longer optimal too, i.e. that simply the whole jacket is one size too large.

(Slight edits for clarity)
If possible Arnold, do you have any before and after pictures of your jacket ? This would help AM and the rest of the riding public understand proper MC jacket fit. I for one have a LW's J23 on my wish list and when the time comes, I would like to be able to explain to Stuart exactly what to do to ensure a functional as well as proper looking MC jacket.

Last edited:

Arnold

One of the Regulars
If you're just kidding/ making fun of my post, what part do you object to? No hard feelings, only your humor may be lost on me as this isn't my first language.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
If you're just kidding/ making fun of my post, what part do you object to? No hard feelings, only your humor may be lost on me as this isn't my first language.
I'm not kidding...I meant yes I want to explain to Stuart. I don't object to your post at all...HONESTLY !! And I don't want to get a jacket and have to feel it needs alterations as AM does.

Milesdeathescape

One of the Regulars
I have his most expensive jacket (j24l with studs) and it is the most mixed feeling purchases of mine. So many things about it are right while I feel at times I wonder if it will look good in the future on me. I would never get rid of it.

If I were to lose some body fat and gain muscle I wonder if it will change the entire appearance and for the better in this jacket
Dude I want that jacket so bad. That is gonna be my next big purchase after a pair of whites boots. What liner did you get on it? Why don’t you like it? Does the stomach buldge? I have a no name motorcycle jacket that is nice leather but the design has too many pockets causing the stomach to buldge do to pocket liners. Would love to see pics of you in the J24!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot