Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Leathertogs B in black HH

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Blue would be cool. My preference is always thickest and grainiest hides. There is no down side to heavy leather, except in the begining. But I've also found speedier ways of leather breaking without it breaking me. In terms of leather jacket, thickness matters.

Blue would be cool. My preference is always thickest and grainiest hides. There is no down side to heavy leather, except in the begining. But I've also found speedier ways of leather breaking without it breaking me. In terms of leather jacket, thickness matters.
The newer LW hide breaks in much easier than the stuff that is a bit older. Easy to wear rather quick.

Yango

One of the Regulars
The jacket lines and the cut look so futuristic. Like something out of the movie. They did get it right back in the day. The big buttons are so elegant. When I look at it closely, It makes me wonder if modern wetsuit designers got their inspiration from this jacket? Function with purpose.

This military jacket design goes waaaay back. It was very popular in Napoleon’s era, and even predates that time.

I think LW did a great job with this design. It’ll look amazing when it’s worn in.

C3B31EE9-F278-454E-9A66-5ABC4F238495.jpeg

Attachments

• CF791987-6B74-4E32-9DC6-E0AD040FA94B.jpeg
    CF791987-6B74-4E32-9DC6-E0AD040FA94B.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 51

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The newer LW hide breaks in much easier than the stuff that is a bit older. Easy to wear rather quick.
Yup the J24 I got in classifieds here broke in nicely. And that was a true heavyweight one. It's just the top coating/thick seams that needs breaking. The leather itself is rather supple because of the tannage. Good stuff.

I had the LW Leathertog (with the spots) on my list for a while now. It's a pricey one, 2200 plus with shipping and taxes. Had it been Langlitz priced I'd already hit it. But it never got off my list. This will most likely be the one jacket I break my budget rules for. Heaviest and grainiest brown HH.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This military jacket design goes waaaay back. It was very popular in Napoleon’s era, and even predates that time.

I think LW did a great job with this design. It’ll look amazing when it’s worn in.

View attachment 406890

Shirts and jackets go longer than that. My reference is to how all the part of the jacket were designed to take on consideration restrictions of utility/sport jackets. The older designs are mainly designed with fabrics such as wool, silk and cotton. Those fabrics are very different from leather. Specially when construction must take in part the comfort and mobility. If you focus how leather jackets are design, they have many individual patterns that are required to accomplish the contours of a leather jacket. In my view, the only thing the military gala top have in common with the complex panels of the leather jacket are the chest bottoms. Everything else, is a way different bird.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
About that Herc...
Hercules 1 2 3.jpg

I think TMitchell has all three originals. But I am a repro guy and if LW does version 1 I would hit it before I hit his leathertog. The version 1 won't fit well though with the extra length and the wide cuffs. But without it there wouldn't be version 2 or 3. So I go with 1 no matter what. These are also photos I ripped off from the BK Archive page. But I figure he must have gotten them from somewhere and now I am a BK paying customer so there's that. Got Aero's version 3 coming when Horween delivers the hides to them. But version 1 seems to be where I should end up at. Had LW priced his jackets at Aero levels I would've hit that over and over. But everyone has the right to operate their brand as they see fit. Eventually I will still get there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner