Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Raider Size 38 - $400

rmconner80

Familiar Face
$350 shipped in the US. NO trades :(

Selling as I ordered a new LW and I don't wear this one anymore; it is short on me and though I love this jacket and wore it a lot I have to face the facts.

Two issues:

-Zipper is not perfect. It works fine, but it's a little loose / small amount of separation on the left side i.e. the insert. You just have to be careful zipping it up and it is fine. If you are careless it will continue to separate. I am the second owner, had it for 3 years; it came to me with this issue and it has not gotten worse in that time.

-Left sleeve lining is separating, see pics.

On the plus side this jacket is fantastically broken in and is just killer all around, tons of character, naturally aged brass, heavy TALON zipper. You will LOVE it. Size 38, seal brown goatskin, heavy duty. And if you need to down the road you can have these issues repaired or lining / zipper replaced.

There also seems to be a very slight sweet smell about it, partly leather but perhaps a slight cologne residual. Not mine, never bothered me, but want to give full disclosure.

Pit - pit - 20"
Sleeve - 24.5" conservatively (i.e. I can make it 25" depending on the tape)
Waist - 21"
Back - measures 25.5" however this is a shorter jacket in front than this measurement would indicate
Shoulder - 17.75"
Shoulder seam - 5.75"

I'm 6 feet tall, I recommend someone several inches shorter than that purchases this, as it's just too short for my size. I've owned other jackets with very similar measurements, this one feels more roomy and comfortable than the measurements would seem to indicate.

Last edited:
Wow! Another beauty.
The measurements seem to work for me, but I'm 5'11" .
How do you mean the front is short?
Is it because the jacket bottom is flat with no front dip, or does it sit differently when worn?
Thanks,
Handymike

rmconner80

Familiar Face
Wow! Another beauty.
The measurements seem to work for me, but I'm 5'11" .
How do you mean the front is short?
Is it because the jacket bottom is flat with no front dip, or does it sit differently when worn?
Thanks,
Handymike

Here's some photos:
Lost Worlds-Threee Jacket Try On-Test, Roadmaster, Suburban

Not sure about front dip, but if you look at those photos: the suburban has a shorter measurement in back, yet you can see it is a longer jacket on me. This is potentially due to the front length as well as just the overall body fit, but the outcome is that the Raider sits higher on me at the waist as you can see in photos. Those with different builds, different torso lengths, and many other factors hard to quantify may have a different result - all I can relay are photos, measurements, and my subjective experience of the jacket :)

Had it sold but buyer backed out, so still available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff