Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Trojan Back Length / LW return policy

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have an LW Trojan size 44 with a 23" back. I saw an LW Trojan size 42 on the bay with a posted back length of 24".
Can those with LW Trojan jackets post the size and back length?
Does LW make jackets to customs measurement requests?
If customers request measurements different from the LW standard for a given size is the return policy effect?
Does LW even accept returns on LW standard jackets for sizing issues?

I recall my 44 having a 24" back length. I will verify when I get back home.

As I understand it, you can tweak measurements and still fall under his return policy. As long as you are not asking for 30" arms, that sort of thing. He does accept returns on standard jackets.

El Marro

Jon,
I have ordered two new LW jackets and I added back and sleeve length on both of them, for 20% additional charge. Stuart also informed me that because these were custom jackets I would not be able to return them for a cash refund, although I believe some type of exchange may have been possible. Fortunately they both fit well so I did not have to explore that side of the business with LW.

Jon,
I have ordered two new LW jackets and I added back and sleeve length on both of them, for 20% additional charge. Stuart also informed me that because these were custom jackets I would not be able to return them for a cash refund, although I believe some type of exchange may have been possible. Fortunately they both fit well so I did not have to explore that side of the business with LW.

How large were the tweaks?

On the CHP I added a couple inches and straightened out the back panel (no kidney dip). I also eliminated the badge holder, epaulets, and belt loops.
On the Ryder I added length, diamond stitching at the pocket corners, and western yoke on the back.

Ok, thanks. A wee bit more than tweaks to measurements, which is all I ever requested.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
LW will make a jacket with any length you want, you just pay 20% extra for it.
My recently ordered CHP didn't fit correctly and Stuart took it back and remade it.
As @El Marro said, you can only get a remake for a custom jacket, not a refund.
You can send back a regular jacket for a refund, although i think there is a restocking fee.

Colin G

One Too Many
That would be bad for LW since I believe they make retail jacket to order they do not make jacket to place into stock.

Then why have a return policy? I actually asked LW about doing that with a G-1 since I am kind of in between sizes and they had zero problem with it. Thing is shipping back and forth and paying import taxes twice up here in Canada would have added about $400 CAD so I did not do it.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
The Trojan in question is roughly 10 years old and I was the second owner. The original buyer indicated that he asked Stuart for the heaviest horse he had but he did not indicate any changes in length ordered. I always assumed the jacket was more like the original Trojans produced for higher waistline britches. If one is 5' 9" or below it is probably no big deal.

Bought it second hand and it is several years old..? I doubt if Stuart would even think of taking it back. Maybe as a used trade in for a few hundred off of a new LW.

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I have to add this. This particular Trojan is one helluva jacket. I wouldn't touch it. Someone out there would find it perfect and it is a damn good riding jacket. Note below:

DCTRIP (2).jpg
511646.jpg

jonbuilder

Bought it second hand and it is several years old..? I doubt if Stuart would even think of taking it back. Maybe as a used trade in for a few hundred off of a new LW.
I am not looking to return my Trojan I was asking about return out of curiosity. My Trojan is for sale in the classifies. I do have monitor experience in mind, did not look like a return was offered.

Hh121

Banned
Anybody thinks order a stock jacket and return it for another custom jacket is simply naive, Stu has told me you will not allow to order another jacket if you returned his jacket unless there is big mistake in terms of fit.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
RETURN POLICY

A) All Regular Production products Fully Refundable less $10.00 Restock Charge. Garment must be unworn, undamaged and returned as shipped. EXCHANGES: No Restock Charge; customer only pays Shipping.

B) For RETURNS, customer MUST notify us by phone, fax or e-mail WITHIN 7 DAYS after receipt of merchandise to request RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RAN). Customer then must return merchandise within 14 days of receipt.

Please save original packing carton and materials for possible reuse.

C) Merchandise received by us without RAN within 14 days of customer receipt is subject to an Additional $15.00 Restock Charge.

D) Merchandise returned with RAN after 14 days of customer receipt incurs Additional $15.00 Restock Charge.

E) Merchandise is NOT RETURNABLE after 14 days of customer receipt without LOST WORLDS Permission and RAN. Merchandise will not be accepted if shipped to us without RAN on carton.

F) RETURNS/EXCHANGES SHIPPING COSTS: Customer pays all Shipping Charges.

RETURN POLICY: REGULAR SIZES & STYLES IN SPECIAL ORDER HIDES:

- 25% Deducted from Cost for Size Exchange Only.

RETURN POLICY: LONGS AND BIG SIZES :
- 25% Deducted from Cost for Size Exchange Only. NO REFUNDS.*

*Unless we've made the sizing error, we require this Penalty because we don't need non-standard sizes and versions in stock. Each LONG and BIG SIZE is also custom made, even in Regular styles, to the customer's measurements. It's not a generic LONG, SHORT or BIG.

jonbuilder

RETURN POLICY

A) All Regular Production products Fully Refundable less $10.00 Restock Charge. Garment must be unworn, undamaged and returned as shipped. EXCHANGES: No Restock Charge; customer only pays Shipping.

B) For RETURNS, customer MUST notify us by phone, fax or e-mail WITHIN 7 DAYS after receipt of merchandise to request RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RAN). Customer then must return merchandise within 14 days of receipt.

Please save original packing carton and materials for possible reuse.

C) Merchandise received by us without RAN within 14 days of customer receipt is subject to an Additional $15.00 Restock Charge.

D) Merchandise returned with RAN after 14 days of customer receipt incurs Additional $15.00 Restock Charge.

E) Merchandise is NOT RETURNABLE after 14 days of customer receipt without LOST WORLDS Permission and RAN. Merchandise will not be accepted if shipped to us without RAN on carton.

F) RETURNS/EXCHANGES SHIPPING COSTS: Customer pays all Shipping Charges.

RETURN POLICY: REGULAR SIZES & STYLES IN SPECIAL ORDER HIDES:

- 25% Deducted from Cost for Size Exchange Only.

RETURN POLICY: LONGS AND BIG SIZES :
- 25% Deducted from Cost for Size Exchange Only. NO REFUNDS.*

*Unless we've made the sizing error, we require this Penalty because we don't need non-standard sizes and versions in stock. Each LONG and BIG SIZE is also custom made, even in Regular styles, to the customer's measurements. It's not a generic LONG, SHORT or BIG.

Thank you for this Carlos. Any one have experiences contrary to the above-stated LW return policy?

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for this Carlos. Any have experiences contrary to the abovestated LW return policy?

I ordered fours jackets new from LW.
The first one had a small defect on a front panel, i sent Stu a picture, he said to send it back, he replaced the panel invisibly and i had the jacket back in hand in three weeks.
Number two was perfect.
Number three was too big in the waist, i sent Stu a picture, he said to send it back, reworked the pattern and made me a remake in about a month.
Number four is perfect.
I have never asked for a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB