Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lost worlds

thor

One Too Many
It's almost like the use of steer hide in original WWII A-2 jackets. There were always rumors and a lot of guesswork about manufacturers surreptitiously using steer hide to fill USAAF contracts for "horsehide" a-2 jackets. Until Gary's book and the definitive DNA testing of the hides, there was a lot of people who were absolutely certain about only horse and goat being used for original jackets.

I guess we should never be surprised about what we discover about leather jackets!

majormajor

One Too Many
Bizarre but true...

If you live in New York, Stuart is considered friendly and outgoing.

Just sayin'

:D

Used to stay with a friend who lived in Queens.

He had his endearing qualities, but overall, he was difficult to get along with, in a very "New York" sort of way:eeek::D;)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I do really like the Lost Worlds Roadhouse Jacket..Anyone have one??

Roadhouse.2.jpg

This one is currently sitting at #2 on the wishlist

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Used to stay with a friend who lived in Queens.

He had his endearing qualities, but overall, he was difficult to get along with, in a very "New York" sort of way:eeek::D;)

I live in the shadow of the Big City, I think I would get along great with Stuart...I like his jackets.. I think he would love my $$ :)

thor

One Too Many
Even a company as esteemed as Aero, with it's legendary customer service and ability to walk one through the jacket ordering experience, has it's detractors. You just can please all of the people all of the time.

majormajor

One Too Many
Even a company as esteemed as Aero, with it's legendary customer service and ability to walk one through the jacket ordering experience, has it's detractors. You just can please all of the people all of the time.

As an Aero customer, I'm lucky enough to live in the UK. To get to Galasheils is a good 8 hour round trip - by car - the trains don't work in that neighbourhood.

Not far in US terms, I guess. But a long drive in the UK. But it is worth it - and the welcome I get will be warm.

So in what way is that similar to a company in NY basically telling his fellow NYers, who want to call round and buy a jacket, to f*** off??

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I think their jackets look fantastic, really well-made and I can totally see why people thole the attitude. It's just that I find the sales pitch bizarre, that's all. But you know, I'm considering navigating LW's stormy waters for one their sale jackets - though, Stuart, if you're reading this, obviously I'll be travelling under a pseudonym :D ;)

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
I remember driving from Canal Street in Lower Manhattan to Queens, with my New Yorker friend, Peter, in the passenger seat.

If I hesitated at a road junction I had never encountered before, Peter used to offer me advice.

He would say "what the f*** are you doing, you f***ing a**hole!!!!

He knew the correct route, bless him. I didn't. He was a New Yorker:D:D;);)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As an Aero customer, I'm lucky enough to live in the UK. To get to Galasheils is a good 8 hour round trip - by car - the trains don't work in that neighbourhood.

Not far in US terms, I guess. But a long drive in the UK. But it is worth it - and the welcome I get will be warm.

When I was over there, I had a cup of tea with Holly and Denny, then had got the tour of the factory from Ken, met Paula who made my jacket. All this despite them being up to their necks in Christmas orders and 'storse' jackets. It's a different approach from LW, but you know...

majormajor

One Too Many
When I was over there, I had a cup of tea with Holly and Denny, then had got the tour of the factory from Ken, met Paula who made my jacket. All this despite them being up to their necks in Christmas orders and 'storse' jackets. It's a different approach from LW, but you know...

Exactly;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Okay.... okay... I was born and raised in NY City, though to be truthfull in Queens, which the denizens of Manhattan and Brooklyn might not consider part of the City at all. New York's a hard town with hard people but I've also done my fair share of traveling in and out of uniform. EVERY city has its share of rude, obnoxious people. I've run into jerks in London, Amsterdam, Manilla, Los Angeles, Montreal, Sydney and all points in between. No one spot has a monopoly on jerks. Still if it's so bad why is the place awash in tourists 24/7 365 a year?

Worf

bobjones

A-List Customer
Used to stay with a friend who lived in Queens. He had his endearing qualities, but overall, he was difficult to get along with, in a very "New York" sort of way:eeek::D;)

Hey I've lived in NYC for 45 years and you can kiss my - - - if you don't like the place - just keep spending lots of your tourist dollars here and sending your most attractive girls trying to become actresses ;)

In seriousness, NYers are like oysters, hard on the outside, and mush on the inside. Unlike all of you suburbans who are the real lunatics (see "American Beauty").

thor

One Too Many

So in what way is that similar to a company in NY basically telling his fellow NYers, who want to call round and buy a jacket, to f*** off??

I didn't say they were similar companies or had similar business practices. I just pointed out that every company ( even one as almost universally beloved as Aero) has it's share of people who are dissatisfied with service or a product or whatever. Some people may have bad a bad experience with LW; they do make an awesome jacket and have stayed in business in a very volatile US economy for quite afew years. It's always good to have a choice when looking for quality leather jackets, especially one made in the USA.

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Yes I love the Roadhouse and it would be the first jacket I'd order when I have the available funds. Love the pockets and how there is tan buttons the black leather.

Peacoat

Bartender
Okay.... okay... I was born and raised in NY City, though to be truthfull in Queens, which the denizens of Manhattan and Brooklyn might not consider part of the City at all.
Worf

What?? King County considers itself more "City" than Queen County? I don't think so. The City is Manhattan (New York County), and nowhere else counts. I realize NYPD has jurisdiction in both boroughs--Brooklyn and Queens, but still . . . .

So, Worf, like the next time you hear of someone in Brooklyn raising above you and calling himself the City, tell him what I said. I know. What neighborhood in Queens were you raised? I remember some of them. I had a girlfriend up there many years ago--Maybe before you were born.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Is Stuart the guy in the pic on their site hunched over the dead boar with the bowstaff in his hand?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112