Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lost worlds

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If his black HH comes in less than 4oz, I'd go for it for a jacket, no problem, and I'd probably choose it over CXL.
Regius,
It most certainly does. I recently received my Ryder in 3.5 oz horsehide and it is how much different experience then wearing the heavy 4oz.+ hide. Nice and easy to wear right out of the box and the grain begins to pop and show much sooner than on my heavy CHP.
5775EC15-1B39-4305-9FAB-FC5C4DC63BC3.jpeg

Interesting, what is a J-106?? is it a made-up name? Aero's Buco is J-106, but it's meant to be a J-24...from what I can see, the collar, lapel angle and size, armhole, D pocket shape, are all different from LW's J-24, I guess I answered my own questions. Aero's is a J-24 inspired jacket....
Aero J106:
ABE4F71F-216D-414F-8B51-EC856C8E957E.jpeg

LW j-23:
82C68302-BCDA-4530-BC8A-A0F3711EAEF5.jpeg

I think your assertion that the Aero is more an interpretation than a repro is correct. Tbh though. The absolute best cross zip, regardless of era or maker, is the Vanson Model E. I traded multiple show queen Aeros and LW’s for Vanson’s actually legit piece of gear. The LW and Aero are style pieces imho. And they do that better than most. The Vanson is for real.
729D5216-CB14-4944-81E5-63EB12F274B1.jpeg

I went back. Twice! No regrets either. Imho LW’s jackets are a poor choice for actual m/c use. Casual wear they are superb but they are clearly not built by someone who understands ergonomics on a motorcycle. I’d say the same for Aero. Neither maker has a history grounded in M/C gear. It shows.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its just obvious. Lost worlds hides and workmanship teach customers about quality. "After our jackets one doesn't simply go back to what he wore before "
Test 6 month wear View attachment 229877 View attachment 229878 View attachment 229879 View attachment 229880 View attachment 229881 View attachment 229882

Thanks for those photos. It appears that LW integrates many french seams. I am a fan of french seams. It may be time to give Stuart a call. Hmmmm.

Its just obvious. Lost worlds hides and workmanship teach customers about quality. "After our jackets one doesn't simply go back to what he wore before "
Test 6 month wear View attachment 229877 View attachment 229878 View attachment 229879 View attachment 229880 View attachment 229881 View attachment 229882

This is amazing!

I went back. Twice! No regrets either. Imho LW’s jackets are a poor choice for actual m/c use. Casual wear they are superb but they are clearly not built by someone who understands ergonomics on a motorcycle. I’d say the same for Aero. Neither maker has a history grounded in M/C gear. It shows.

Can't speak about the other styles but Speed Demon is great on a bike, that's why I'm getting my own! Just does everything right.

But considering it's just a pimped up Schott Perfecto, they couldn't have messed it up even if they tried. :D

I whole heartedly agree Tony. Want a dedicated pattern and cut MC jacket..I propose Vanson hands down over LW and Aero. Also years ago I had a couple of LW A2s and a used LW Suburban. The Dubow wasn't exactly Dubowlike and had just too heavy of a finish for me to be happy with. Concerning LWs street jackets...I just can't get past the 'Stretch marks' on most of their hides. Just not appealing to me.
HD

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
LW HH is much softer and lighter than before, also more grainy.
Their 4oz plus HH used to be so stiff and you can't even bend your arm after few months wear.
If they still have the same hide I will mail my check to him. I don't think their current HH worth the money.
View attachment 229893

Could it be that you also didn't really wear the jacket?
I mean it was already two sizes two big when you originally bought it in 2016, i am having a hard time believing a jacket with that fit was worn much at all :

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-lost-worlds-test-44r-arrived.88495/

You have a weird relationship with LW, you spend your time putting them down in most threads but seem to be wearing them all the time.
The was also that weird incident where you said you received a jacket with a giant smear mark in the sleeve, that has mysteriously disappeard.

As far as use on the bike, i have ridden in the J-24 and i didn't find it worst than any of my vansons.
I could see how if you had ape hangers it would ride up when you reach, but if you have a "regular" motorcycle it works great.

I felt both LW and Aero were pretty poor choices for anything that requires your arms to be extended or reaching forward. Movement/ range of motion was pretty restricted. So then it’s just a matter of how comfortable am I going around dressed like this to get groceries, run errands or go out to eat:
E060BC65-A1F6-48C4-9032-3D801180C7D1.jpeg

The answer is not very. I must’ve lost the cajones. I used to be more confident wearing a jacket like this out and about but more and more...began to feel like a costume. Hate to think I’ve become overly self conscious...maybe I’m just settling into the dad zone. I will start the “Which IZOD windbreaker are you wearing today?” thread.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I felt both LW and Aero were pretty poor choices for anything that requires your arms to be extended or reaching forward. Movement/ range of motion was pretty restricted. So then it’s just a matter of how comfortable am I going around dressed like this to get groceries, run errands or go out to eat: View attachment 229948
The answer is not very. I must’ve lost the cajones. I used to be more confident wearing a jacket like this out and about but more and more...began to feel like a costume. Hate to think I’ve become overly self conscious...maybe I’m just settling into the dad zone. I will start the “Which IZOD windbreaker are you wearing today?” thread.

How can you have the cajones to sit on your crazy bike, but not the cajones to step in a grocery store wearing that?

@ton312 I don't want to push you, but it would be a shame for you to feel uncomfortable wearing that jacket around. You look like a bad ass in it I see no reason to be self conscious.

Then again, this is coming from someone who wore an arguably even wilder jacket to a middle school so maybe you shouldn't listen to me :D
I distinctly remember the last time I wore that jacket. Walked with my daughter to the grocery store and when we got home I sold it within an hour. Can’t say anything bad about the jacket. I do think there are better choices for a proper m/c jacket but as far as any measurable degree of quality and craftsmanship goes....certainly top tier.

How can you have the cajones to sit on your crazy bike, but not the cajones to step in a grocery store wearing that?
I don’t have the balls for my bike either. Haven’t been on it in 6 years! But this next week I’m digging it out, weather permitting. I’m telling you man I’m a soccer dad now. And my kid doesn’t even play soccer!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I distinctly remember the last time I wore that jacket. Walked with my daughter to the grocery store and when we got home I sold it within an hour. Can’t say anything bad about the jacket. I do think there are better choices for a proper m/c jacket but as far as any measurable degree of quality and craftsmanship goes....certainly top tier.

Haha did you get some stares?

I get them all the time with all the stuff I wear so I guess I've become immune to it now. Not sure if that's good or not :D

If I ever started riding, I know I'd go straight to Vanson

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Their 4oz plus HH used to be so stiff and you can't even bend your arm after few months wear.
If they still have the same hide I will mail my check to him. I don't think their current HH worth the money.
View attachment 229893
We all know hides vary batch to batch but to say his hides are different implying that the current hides aren't as good as they used to be is nonsense. Current hh offered are amazing

Hh121

Banned
Could it be that you also didn't really wear the jacket?
I mean it was already two sizes two big when you originally bought it in 2016, i am having a hard time believing a jacket with that fit was worn much at all :

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-lost-worlds-test-44r-arrived.88495/

You have a weird relationship with LW, you spend your time putting them down in most threads but seem to be wearing them all the time.
The was also that weird incident where you said you received a jacket with a giant smear mark in the sleeve, that has mysteriously disappeard.

As far as use on the bike, i have ridden in the J-24 and i didn't find it worst than any of my vansons.
I could see how if you had ape hangers it would ride up when you reach, but if you have a "regular" motorcycle it works great.
Actually it was on the opposite, I wore my test everyday since I bought it, that was my only jacket, later I bought Suburban size 44.
That test is still the best jacket I had. I ordered Suburban size 42 from him two years later and has large blue mark on one sleeve that won't disappear, and the leather is so soft and light (6.5 lbs).

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
View attachment 229893
Hh the reason the test was more stiff is because of the 15 oz cotton duck lining that comes standard, you seriously have to break it in so i can see why you thought the leather was stiffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo