Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm so sorry to hear that, its such a heartbreak. I've found myself worrying about how I'll handle my chaps going already. My thoughts are with you too. xxx

Edward

Bartender
I've been the same with every cat with whom I've lived. Still miss our first, and he's gone eighteen years next Easter.... Never easy to lose a critter about whom you care.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
It's a sad fact that our beloved Furry Friends have a much shorter life span then we do and a person who is a animal lover is going to go through this heartbreak many times in their life time.
I've known people who refuse to get another pet because the loss of a previous pet was too painful to be repeated.
I've had my share of pets over my 50 + years, personnel pets, family pets.
It's always painful when they pass on, I like to think I honor their memories buy adopting a new Friend.
My current Cat Samantha I've had since she was 6 months old and I'll have had her 15 years in November, longer then any pet I've ever had.
She's starting to slow down and I'll probably outlive her too and that's painful to even think about as she has been a joy to be around.
If I do out live her I'll honor her memory by adopting a new friend, I'm at that age where I have to think about providing for them if something happens to me.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Here are my two kids...

MadelineandJoeyJan2010.jpg

Joey (He is really Joe Strummer, named after the clash frontman, but he is soo cute that he became Joey) is a GoldenDoodle and the best dog ever. He is very smart, gentle, fun and intuitive. He's a K9 Good Citizen and visits nursing homes and hospitals. We take him everywhere we go: sailing, shopping, out to eat, etc. We once walked into a restaurant for lunch (a place we frequent) and a new employee greated us at the door with "Sorry sir, no dogs allowed." The rest of the employees came oever and said "No, it's OK! That's Joey!" He either lays under the table or sits in a chair, like a person, while we eat.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm so, so sorry, LD. It is incredibly painful. I had to put my beloved Charlie Brown (a Border Collie mix) down two years ago and I still am not over it.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
The best cure for the loss of a friend is to adopt a new friend.
A new kitten or puppy can bring a new joy into your life, so can adopting a grown dog or cat.
Samantha my Maine Coon has never been a lap cat but she loves me in her own catty way, her predecessor Meme absolutely adored her Papa and would sit in my lap for hours while we watched TV.
When I'd start to get up she'd jump from my lap and when I returned she'd return to either my lap or the space between my leg and the arm of the chair where she could receive head scratches and pets.
Sometimes I wish Samantha was more like Meme I realize she's her own cat with many lovable traits of her own.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Very sorry to hear of your loss Lady Day.

I lost my girl last May and I still get the occassional prickle of tears when I think of her.

It's a heartbreaking experience.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. She got really sick really fast, seemed on the mend for a couple of days, then gone in a matter of minutes. It was tough watching my beloved take her last breath.

And when I feel up to it, Ill get another best friend, just like I did when I first got her 8 years ago.

LD

Berlin

Practically Family
Meet my sweet pets

My jack russel terrier Kimbo
457308688_5_am1U.jpeg

My sweet tabby Figaro, who is such a sweetheart. Never even harmed a fly
898974575_6_55Jj.jpeg

And the dear X Russian blue Mr. Bojangles
898974130_6_4JeU.jpeg

And our diva X siamese Shanti who hates the world but herself and my mom
898973990_6_qbMW.jpeg