Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
4860074068_e7c0a2f2c1.jpg

That's Modi, isn't it? How is he?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.218404031516959.62529.100000420910115#!/photo.php?fbid=218404064850289&set=a.218404031516959.62529.100000420910115&type=1&theater
Hopefully this works.
The red one is a "stunted" Cattle Dog that never grew over 14in high and 28 pounds, but she can pull me almost out of my chair, and I weigh 197!
The white one is a Bedlington Terrier, neglected before we got her, but very happy to have a loving family, and a sister to run around with (and wrestle with).
Both have been with us, and inseparable for almost 2yrs now.
We got the idea of a Bedlington by reading the bio of Boris Karloff, he had several.

Last edited:

Isis

One of the Regulars
This cutie soon will move in soon:
s640x480.jpg

He's my brother-in-law's Shetland Sheepdog, but allergies forces them to give him up. Luckily we have been looking for a dog and are happy to have him. We are used to dog-sit him so we already know and love him.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My heeler thinks the same thing.
She grabs "Bluebelle" only to find out the lamb bites back, HARD.
To go with that cute look, they also have silky soft hair, and I've had several people ask us why we were walking a lamb until they got a closer look. There aren't that many Bedlingtons in our area.
As I had stated in a previous reply, we were looking up Boris Karloff when we found he had a few of these. We researched the breed, and my wife wanted one. This one is enjoying the "good life" now, after a previous bad one. As for me, I had to get another heeler, I love Bluebelle dearly but I can't walk a frilly dog without a "manly" dog too. :)

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Two whippets...both ten years old and blood relatives from the same kennel.

Chloe...a true clown with tons of personality and a cast iron pit of a stomach that is seemingly, always empty:

chloe.jpg

Echo...the hunter who is becoming a real softie with age and who loves to steal our three-year old daughter's toys:

Echo.jpg

Although not sisters, you'd never know it:

buddies.jpg

You should get your Whippets a couple of Whippets!

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I haven't had a dog in a long while, probably foru or five years now, but my last two great dogs were Otto an adorable, well behaved, protective, playful Boxer, almost human, and Ceaser a "BIG SCARY DOBERMAN", but really a big baby, he would come to sleep with me and when I turned out the lights he would start crying, he was afraid of the dark and rascist towards squirells. They had a short time together before Otto died at 11 during the night.... he was alone, we found that Ceaser had a heart condition and had to settle down relax and build up strength (but that was hard because he was a stubborn and over- active pup), we nursed him back to health but still we had to supress vigourous activity. One day we were in Philly, and we passed his favourite park, we couldn;t let him sit and watch other dogs, that was a mistake... he ran like he never ran before, and he came to the bench we were sitting on and layed down... Ceaser died of a heart attack moments later at only 5 1/2, he died happy with his family.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I wasn't one to put clothes on a dog, but with the Bedlington winter time does get a bit chilly. She has a pink fleece sweather with hearts on it. I let my wife walk her when she's wearing that. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Our newest addition:

kitty.jpg

My cat was not thrilled when we brought the little guy home. Now she tolerates him. Barely.
kitty2.jpg

Tuckered out after a day of tormenting the other cat!
kitty3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo