Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Flaked out...
IMG_20130120_215516_762-1.jpg

Oh my goodness. What a cutie.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I once had a stray cat come in my kitchen window and steal the entire topping off a pizza that was cooling on top of the stove -- he took the sauce, the cheese, the sausages, and the pepperoni. And left only the crust behind.

I was surprised there wasn't a note reading "what, no anchovies?"

A couple years ago, we invited friends for dinner , and they brought their Golden Retriever along. They entered the house through the kitchen , and before they had the door shut behind them, the dog had snatched an entire loaf of garlic bread off the counter and chomped it down.
We ate what remained of the meal, with the dog under the table, blessing us with his odiferous burping. To this day, anytime this story is told, we are blamed for having the loaf of bread too close to the edge of the counter.

A couple years ago, we invited friends for dinner , and they brought their Golden Retriever along. They entered the house through the kitchen , and before they had the door shut behind them, the dog had snatched an entire loaf of garlic bread off the counter and chomped it down.
We ate what remained of the meal, with the dog under the table, blessing us with his odiferous burping. To this day, anytime this story is told, we are blamed for having the loaf of bread too close to the edge of the counter.

Blaming you for the dog being a pig?! Geez that is rich.
My mother's dog Samantha was as smart as a dog could be. I taught her how to open the screen door from the backyard into the house. It was funny because my mother would be napping in the den and the dog would all of a sudden run in and jump on her lap---licking her face. lol lol
The bad part was that she could be sneaky about food. My wife had brought my mother some chicken one day and she had put it on the dining room table. Samantha opened the door; came in and helped herself. :p My mother caught her sitting on the chair eating the chicken. lol I won't even mention how she figured out how to open the cabinet doors and fish out the cereal. :p

This is Max, an over weight (half Avocado) Dachshund.
Full name Max Amillion, AKA Max the Wunderdog AKA Max the Magic Puppy.
He is my best buddy in the whole world. He is half avocado because we have an avocado tree in the backyard and when it drops the fruit, Max is in heaven. The vet says his skin and coat are just wonderful and it is from the avocados, but we do need to put him on a good reduction plan.
Maxonthefloor.jpg

Above: Here he is on the floor. He is a little bit heavier than this pix.
solvang01.jpg

A visit to Solvang. (the nose knows!)

He always waits for me to come home and he actually grins when he runs up to greet me!:p

My heart broke today, Max became very sick and I had to have him put to sleep this Sunday morning. I keep listening to hear him, his nails clicking on the wood floor, bringing me a sock or shoe. The greeting when I come home. Having him sit in my lap, the sound of his tail thumping on the cushions.

I am so sad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy