Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Sadly, my beloved English Springer Spaniel "Shawnee" passed suddenly on Sunday evening. Without having a necropsy performed I'll never know the cause, but my vet seems to think it was either a blood clot or stroke. She was almost 13 1/2 years old, and was my "Christmas Girl", having been born on Christmas day. I'll miss the "happy dance" she would do when I would get home from work, the way she would jump up on the bed and snuggle with me at night and that smiling, happy face she had. She was a total love bug. Here are a couple of photos I took of her last November when I brought home my newest adoption, "Hunter". Hunter is confused, looking for his friend and not able to find her. It's so sad...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Kilroy, it's heartbreaking, I know, I really do share your pain. But the grief, for me at least, is worth it for the joy and happiness that our pets bring to our lives. Shawnee waits for you at Rainbow Bridge.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. It was especially hard losing her because I still wasn't over losing another of my beloved Springers less than eight months prior. Thankfully I still have my big buddy "Hunter", who did his best to impersonate Shawnee's "Happy Dance" when I got home from work this evening. It really put a smile on my face.

forestranger

New in Town
My sincere sympathies. I have had and lost 4 collies over the years and my 5th one is pushing 12 so I know it won't long. I'm getting too old for a puppy so the next one will likely be a rescue. Again so sorry.

It wants the sandwich. :)
e5e7amys.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It wants the sandwich. :)
e5e7amys.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
If you had 2 cats, you wouldn't have a sandwich.
My 2 dogs have learned (years ago) to work together to achieve a goal, by creating a distraction while the other one does the work.
One works to get into the trash (for leftovers), and the other works to get paper towels.
To each her own...:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Our Bedlington in one of her favorite positions, doing one of her favorite activities...SLEEPING!
001.jpg
Another one with her sister, and this time she's actually awake. :D
002.jpg
I make jokes about her, but the Bedlie will go from a deep sleep to action mode in a second, literally.
Whether it's a noise in the house/outside, or her "mama" gets up to leave the room, she can go from the position in the first pic, to being at the door almost immediately. The Heeler on the other hand is a light sleeper, most often checking on everyone else in the room from time to time, sort of like "making rounds." That's her job, and we let her do it. Her other job is herding the Bedlie to us, so we don't have to go all over the house looking for her. Once the flock is complete, we put up a child gate to prevent any further escapes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner