Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

1mach1/Harv,
Saddened by your loss. I don't check in here everyday, and have looked for this thread a few times wondering how things were with your Agent Smith. We have a 16 year old cat that I am afraid will not make it another year (had her since 7 weeks old). It never seems to get easier. The silly things sure can find a way into your heart.
For what it is worth. My wife seems to have a strange connection through the cosmos. Cats with a need for a special home seem to call out. My wife will decide that we must go some place, it has been a park, or a pet store, a couple times an animal shelter, but always some place we have never been before. There, we will get a cat. Often the cat will seem fine, only later to be found to have a serious issue. One sweet cat insisted on being held, constantly. Only to die of an apparent heart attack at less than 2 years old. Another incredible sweet cat, white, blue-eyed, totally deaf, absolute loving pest, was running up a bunch of vet bills before he was found to have a congenital liver defect. He died soon after. There have been several more.
I console myself with the idea that we give these loving creatures a good home for the short time they have. It is still difficult. Every time.
One of our other cats (we have three at this time not counting the stray we feed outside), was a rescue kitten that had been deemed unadoptable and was being scheduled for destruction by the rescue shelter (they said so on their website). My wife found her in her usual inexplicable way. The cat was so wild when we took her home that we called her the "Cuisinart". Every night, for awhile, I would go downstairs where she was hiding, using a big old towel for protection, and take the cat up to where my wife was waiting with yet another towel to sit and hold her for a bit. After about a half hour, I would take the cat back downstairs and put her exactly where I had found her. It took almost a month before the cat would come out of hiding on her own. Another couple months before she would let us pick her up without a fight. For most of the past seven years, she will lie on the floor, on her back, and make us step over her. No fear what-so-ever.
Yes. We do love our furry friends.

Thank you for the sentiment, TTZ. There really is a special bond between a pet and their owner. Your wife sounds like quite the cat whisperer. I always enjoy hearing personal pet stories. Hope all stays well at your house!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
14v78uc.jpg

___________Don't tell me...let me guess...he's right behind me !_______

Last edited:

Michaelshane

One Too Many
The one in the back is Kinzo (Japanese for King)
AKA white dog
AKA the wonder dog .

He's the best dog I ever had,and I've had many.
I don't remember ever not having a dog.I have three right now.
I won't ever get another one because I would hate to have my dog outlive me.That would not be fair to the dog.I don't trust anyone with my dogs.
Kinzo didn't start out mine.He was my sons dog.My son moved to Florida and left Kinzo with me ,I told my son he's never getting him back.Hes lived with me for about four years now.

Last edited:

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
We got a very rare 'family' photo yesterday! My boys don't exactly enjoy being super close to each other. It makes photo time with the both of them very difficult.
1506829_10204938029163830_2084268691824247798_n.jpg
Jameson is the silly looking guy on the left and Edison is the 'barely there' black piggy on the right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy