Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Moose vs. Dachshunds!

carebear said:
So smart, and onery and completely unaware of how small they are. :) My folk's dogs will sit on the back of the couch in the upstairs living room and bark like mad at the moose passing below. The only time I ever saw them cowed was one morning when they were let out and a moose was in the driveway. They had seen it walk up, I guess, so out they ran, barking like mad to defend their turf.

Until they rounded the corner.

I couldn't see the moose's reaction (I imagine a "what the h--- are those things?") but the dogs put on the brakes and were, for once, speechless. Their little heads tilted up in unison at the moose just feet away and then they levitated, changed direction 180 deg in the air, and ran back for the door as fast as those stumpy legs could carry them. The moose then stuck its head around the corner, I'm sure still trying to figure out why it had so suddenly been attacked by weasels and where they had disappeared to. :D
Barking weasels!
Makes me think of tales of the wilderness, "Dachshunds of Denali!"
"Dachshunds of the Serangetti" and "The Wild Dachhunds of Borneo!"

Narrators voice:
"Prehistoric Sabertoothed Dachhunds were much larger and hunted Mastadon and giant sloths!" At least that is what I tell Max.He chases cats and gets upset at the oppossums.

Sweetie-pies!

Johnnysan said:
Two whippets...both ten years old and blood relatives from the same kennel.

Chloe...a true clown with tons of personality and a cast iron pit of a stomach that is seemingly, always empty:

chloe.jpg

Echo...the hunter who is becoming a real softie with age and who loves to steal our three-year old daughter's toys:

Echo.jpg

Although not sisters, you'd never know it:

buddies.jpg
What sweet dogs!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
moustache said:
My parents have just adopted a Dachsund puppy.He has the sharpest teeth!!!! I have already lost two pair of nice socks to that cutie!!!!

JD
There is light at the end of the tunnel as far as those sharp teeth are concerned...before you know it, he'll lose them and get his adult teeth which are far more better on the skin!
socks: I think this is a problem with every dog owner...I have tried everything, dog bones, toys, you name it. Except it's not socks my two dogs are after...they love my shoes, especially the heels!:rage: :rolleyes:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Whippets

When we got our last bulldog, the deal was supposed to be that I could finally have a whippet as well. Well, we got the bully, but still no whippet!

I wanted to name them Stan & Ollie.

Beautiful animals.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You all have such cute pets!!

Here's my little family.
The first cat is the youngest, named Lily, we have recently taken to calling her "the hedgehog", because of her size. She's 26 pounds of love and affection. Except when she decides she wants to give that love and affection at 5 in the morning! Which consists of her climbing on my chest and head butting me in the face, all while kneading her paws with the claws out. I push her off of me, and a minute later she's back. She sleeps either on her side with her 4 paws outstretched and her belly revealed, all while snoring.
Miely Cat is almost 10. She's quite temperamental and has been known to hiss and bark at all others, aside from me and Hemingway Jones. She didn't even warm up to Hem, we were roommates for 3 years before she started being nice to him. Now she adores him, and runs down the stairs to greet him when he comes home from work. She is really sweet, once you get to know her, I swear!

This is my adopted, beloved Carmina Burana Steiner. She was Hem's dog, but when we became friends and then roommates more than 6 years ago, she became my adopted dog. I loved her as if she were my own. I walked her, fed her, cuddled with her. She was with me through a lot. She left us this past May at the age of 12 1/2. I know we both miss her every day, she was a superb dog who brought a lot of joy and happiness to our lives. I just had to post a picture to honor her memory, and to show everyone how beautiful she was. She was also perfectly trained, Hem is a wonder when it comes to training pets! He's even got his fish, Goofy, trained to eat flakes from our hands.

fleur

One of the Regulars
This is Eric - he is a rescue persian (had a summer hair cut in this pic) and he is deaf so he is a house cat. Mad as a hatter but very loving

The following are pics of my big boofhead Khan - he is lovely and dopey and was 3 this year - he is german bred so is massive!

Last but not least, this is my daughter's Bichon Frise, Ruby (Bobander Secret Ruby at Fiyero). Shes a little cracker and I love her to bits. Shes gonna have pups in January and I get to choose a boy to do my other hobby (passion more like) and thats showing him *fingers crossed*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points