Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Girl Friday

Practically Family
A little late for Thanksgiving...

But here is Chloe in her Indian Girl costume, I only torture her long enough for the photograph ;)

ChloeIndianGirl.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
My big black cat is sick, so I've been taking care of him. Been a mess, the stupid thing has a kidney stone, and is just miserable.

So this is the first chance I've had where I haven't been peed apon, been crying or otherwise soothing my cat.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Elaina said:
My big black cat is sick, so I've been taking care of him. Been a mess, the stupid thing has a kidney stone, and is just miserable.

So this is the first chance I've had where I haven't been peed apon, been crying or otherwise soothing my cat.
I hope your kitty gets well soon. One of my cats had a similar blockage and he was miserable too.

Elaina

One Too Many
He seems to be better today. I've been getting yelled at on another list I belong to about not taking him to the vet, but no $=no vet. Dallas isn't the best place to try and find a vet that will take payments. Today he seems to be doing fine, has energy and appetite and isn't bleeding now. All his systems seem to be normal, and he wants morning coffee, something he hasn't wanted in like a week.

Still clingly as all hell. Not normal, but then again, NOTHING about my cat is normal.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Elaina said:
He seems to be better today. I've been getting yelled at on another list I belong to about not taking him to the vet, but no $=no vet.
The vet gave my cat antibiotics (I actually still have some left, but they might be out dated send me a PM if you'd like them) and told me to feed him soft food (Special Diet for urinary tract health) he hasn't had any problems since.

Elaina

One Too Many
I did a holistic method on mine: vitamin C and cranberry pills with whatever orage juice I could get into him with PLENTY of water and science diet for Urinary tract health.

Believe it or not, the cat took the pills when I quit trying to sneak them in. I finally gave up and set them down and (I'm in tears at this point) and said "Fine don't take them then die!" (I admit, when I'm upset I'm not the most mature person around) and he heaved this huge sigh and ate them. BUT he had to have ice water for them.

I have some antibiotics on order for him that should come in tomorrow. Then I have a visit to the vet the day I get paid, so I'm hoping that I got him okay enough to last till then. He doesn't like the new food, but he can stuff it (and eat the kitten food because the kitten can't eat his and live well) and he won't eat soft food.

But thank you!

griffer

Practically Family
Proud papa gots to sow of his kids-

Ok, Harold is actually my wife's boy......
HaroldBat3.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

But, Josephine is my girl....
IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

Harold and Josephine, go, go, go...
IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3623-1.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Fletch said:
What strangely fascinating felines. Look at how they nuzzle each other, and the expressiveness of their faces. I wonder if they're hypoallergenic.

Better, because there is not fur, but not hypoallergenic.

Before she passed, our last abyssinian Anaïs made my wife sneeze.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
griffer said:
Before she passed, our last abyssinian Anaïs made my wife sneeze.
I like Abys - playful active kitties. (One of 'em dragged a ribeye steak right off my plate at a friend's house once. Hey sneaky pie, I'd have shared if you asked!) But they do have fur, so I'd expect I would react. Altho it varies from cat to cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points