Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

K

killertomata

Ah... to be a furkid in the home of a pet lover. What a life!

I have a nice little family. A long haired hamster named Monsieur le Pouf, who is the smartest hamster I've ever had. I know that may not seem like much but sometimes I think he might be actually shaking his head at my failure to understand him. lol

I also have a lovely fancy guppie who started out as a female and turned into a boy.

And then my two houserabbits- meaning they spend all their time inside as members of the family. Rasputin and Lily, both litter box trained, both rescues, these two bunnies are my life and loves. They both are in pens but get running around time, if they ever get used to the new place.

This is Lily inspecting her digs in the old apartment, after I had to take her carpet because she started to chew it after years of ignoring it, which is very dangerous. She did not approve of the vinyl flooring and was reluctant at first to go in.

lilylinoleum2.gif

This is Rasputin on a hot day like today hugging his ice bottle. This pic has since been Photoshopped several times, turning the bottle into Vodka (Absolut Bun), Absinthe and a good old Moonshine jug. lol

DSCF0056.jpg

I think everyone here in this lounge is well mannered enough to not make jokes about eating them. I get so tired of hearing them, it's as if people really think they're being original instead of realizing such jokes are old and rather rude when talking about someone's pets.

Foofoogal

Banned
yes, our furkids. :eusa_doh:
I just took my dear 13 year old Precious to be groomed. I made the hugest mistake and didn't put her in her kennel.
Got about a block down the road and she poohed all over my leather seated car. I was stunned.
I cleaned it as best I could, threw her in her kennel and then off to the groomers for her and the detail car people for me. Unreal morning. :eusa_doh:

$67.00 for grooming and $65.00 for car. My dad would roll over in his grave considering a dog should be a dog.
I am not as bad as Leona though. Good grief.

Lancealot

Practically Family
The black one on the left is Sugar and the brown one on the right is Cinnamon.

A friend of mine was thinning his heard so to speak and gave them to me. He had picked them up from a stable where their boarding fees had run over. So he had picked them up because he didn't like seeing them auctioned off. He really didn't have room for them and I had gown up with horses and cattle and Mom's pasture was overgrown and needed something in it to keep it eaten down. So now I am the owner of two lovely animals and I am getting back into horses. I have a couple of saddles on lay-away and my daughters are just crazy over them. Hopefully when it cools down some I'll have some pics of me and my daughters riding them.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How lucky they are to have gone to your home!

Sounds like you are stuck with them for good, with two little girls in the house. lol

I'd love to see the girls decked out in vintage riding the horses. It would be a lovely addition to the Lounge photos.

Vintage Betty

Lancealot

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Sounds like you are stuck with them for good, with two little girls in the house. lol

I'd love to see the girls decked out in vintage riding the horses. It would be a lovely addition to the Lounge photos.

Vintage Betty

I hope to have some later in the year right now it's just too hot for much riding. BTW 3 little girls a 7 year old and 9 year old twins.

shebagrl

Familiar Face

Daisy, your Lily looks a little bit like my Romeo. They both have that same half & half nose :)

Romeo_1_sm.jpg

Romeo_2_sm.jpg

This last picture is so funny...this is how Romeo sleeps all the time! No shame whatsoever with that one :)

I have another very pretty black & white tuxedo cat named Wink, but don't have any pictures on this computer of her. I will post some when I get some, though.

Everyone has the cutest animals! :eusa_clap

Lancealot Sugar and Cinnamon are SO beautiful. Congrats on giving them a good home!

Indycop Colby Jack is a fine looking dog. Makes me want one myself! Maybe one of these days...

Vintage Betty

Indycop - you got a great looking family, but it looks like you are going to killl anyone who comes near your dog! lol He must be very special....

Vintage Betty

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
Indycop - you got a great looking family, but it looks like you are going to killl anyone who comes near your dog! lol He must be very special....

Vintage Betty
Unfortunately we had a chocolate 2 year old up until the week before that. He was almost human he was so smart. But he had extremely bad hips at a terribly young age and rapidly lost too much weight so i had to have him put to sleep. So this fella sleeps in our bed, rides with me to pick up the girls from school and goes on vacation with us if possible.

Other than that , everybody thinks I always look mad! Works to my advantage sometimes though.

Vintage Betty

Indycop-

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your dog. We had to put our dog down last fall.

I'm so glad you found another special family member to enjoy. Sounds like a keeper!

Vintage Betty

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
Indycop-

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your dog. We had to put our dog down last fall.

I'm so glad you found another special family member to enjoy. Sounds like a keeper!

Vintage Betty
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore