Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Sorry to hear of the passing of your furry friend. Their lives are briefer then ours but they make up for it in the amount of love they give use.
Almost 12 years ago I lost my beloved Meme, she was a cat that someone had abandoned at our office park, she was hanging around our warehouse and the girls in the office rescued her. I named he Meme cause she was a big girl with a small voice. She didn't get along with Riley the other office cat so she escaped to the warehouse and adopted me. I never had an animal adore as much before or since. I eventually took her home where she spent the remainder of her life. When she passed I buried her in the back yard of the apartment where I lived. I no longer live there and I shortly afterwards got a new friend but the memory of my Meme lives in my heart forever.
Bob
1121658173_3271e799e5.jpg

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
BakingInPearls said:
Everyone has such cuties here is my little one, he is an American Bulldog named Spike.
Picture017.jpg

And here he is with his favorite toy an empty milk carton.
Picture478-1.jpg
does your "Am-bull" like to chew things up beyong recognition? My LuLu will fetch a tennis ball just to chew it up in 10 minutes flat. LuLu:
744647089_l.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
mike said:

Will you please have a look at that adorable, cheeky face????????????

...and for ALL of the sweet pets in this thread :

I nub u more dan wordth can say (eben when you are nawty) lots of lub always and foweba to all of you !!! :D

Feathers

Familiar Face
Puppy!

Here's my puppy Ivy. Well, she's not really a puppy anymore - she's a 3 year old half German Sheperd half something else. Ain't she sweet?

P1010058.jpg

P1020613.jpg

Everyone's li'l ones are adorable!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
This was my baby girl B.F. ( because she truly was my best friend;) )
She died after I had my daughter.

scan0001.jpg

and our silly and sleepy little Emily Bean

100_2654.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
CopyofP7030003.jpg

This is Precious. She was born April 15th. 1994. She is my tax baby. I have to constantly cut her some eyes. She doesn't have a clue she is a dog (shhh..)Spoiled absolutely rotten and loyal beyond words. Constantly under my feet worse than a 2 year old baby. Love her to pieces but she is showing her age alot lately.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Inigo and Fezzik this morning:

1192822937_216e53578f_o.jpg

they don't snuggle all that often so when they do it's super cute.

How do you tell them apart? They look like twins. I'd have to put different colored collars on them to be able to tell them apart!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
How do you tell them apart? They look like twins. I'd have to put different colored collars on them to be able to tell them apart!

Hehe, they actually do have different collars on! Fezzik has blue and Inigo has red, funny how you can't see them at all in this picture! Fezzik is actually a bit bigger and is fluffier, whereas Inigo is very sleek (when he's not ruffled from sleeping!) so in good light you can see who is who. But in dim light, forget it!

Smyat

One of the Regulars
Make Mine Dane-ish

I've had a spectacular Golden Retriever for 11 years, and she followed a Golden/Shepherd cross I had for almost 14. We let the kids pester us into a new pet, and I once had a lovely Dane in the family... so I indulged an old wish for another one. We were very lucky and found a beautiful 9-week-old mantle in just a few days.

I don't seem to be able to attach her picture. Hrm. Here:

http://www.dgath.com/users/misc/rockette.jpg

Several "Rock"s in her lineage's naming, so she became Rockette, pronounced just 'rocket.'

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Smyat said:
I've had a spectacular Golden Retriever for 11 years, and she followed a Golden/Shepherd cross I had for almost 14. We let the kids pester us into a new pet, and I once had a lovely Dane in the family... so I indulged an old wish for another one. We were very lucky and found a beautiful 9-week-old mantle in just a few days.

I don't seem to be able to attach her picture. Hrm. Here:

http://www.dgath.com/users/misc/rockette.jpg

Several "Rock"s in her lineage's naming, so she became Rockette, pronounced just 'rocket.'

She is very, very, very, very, very, very cute! :eusa_clap
It's hard to imagine looking at the adorable small package she is in right now how much larger she will become. You will post more pictures as she grows won't you?

Foofoogal

Banned
Yes, mostly cockapoo with a bit of mutt thrown in I believe.
Her mom was full cocker who escaped accidently. [huh]
I had just moved into our home in the country. I saw a mop across the street when her mom had her and loaded all 6 puppies into a wagon and went across the street and made them take one since the father should be half to blame.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Earlier in this thread I posted a photo of Maggie, my female cat. Not long afterward, Captain---my huge, orange, tomcat---was browsing the lounge and noticed that I had neglected to post his photo. He normally is reserved when it comes to publicity, but he has been quite outspoken about this oversight. Frankly, I think it has more to do with Maggie than with me. I told him to go ahead and post his own photo, but he can't because he lacks opposable thumbs.

Anyhow, here he is. This is Captain. I hope that this will restore peace at my house and silence the grousing.

carolinagame033.jpg

Atticus

Jovan

Suspended
Trixie said:
Thank you all :)

And RondoHattan I'm very happy to hear that your friend pulled through!
I'm sorry for your loss. Though, for some odd reason pages back, no one said a damn thing about Elaina losing her pet except me. Why has that changed all the sudden?

Baron Kurtz said:
We've recently been adopted by this monster. he has been hanging around in our garden for about 3-4 months and just recently starved himself for days until we gave him food out of pity at his thinness. We think he has a home locally, but prefers ours. (He chose us, we did nothing to attract him other than being friendly. I'm unsure what to do. Part of me thinks that the cat should choose where he wants to stay, but i hate to think what his other people are going through with him missing)

A vicious little beast, he enjoys hunting magpies and other birds around the neighbourhood, is extremely territorial and has had many many fights in the garden - his name, Scarface, comes from the (surprise, surprise) scars on his face - and spends hours of an evening digging his claws into my knee and belly/chest.

Scarface1.jpg

bk

ohairas said:
OH BK, I'd keep that rascal. Sounds like he's had quite a rough life. If you want to look for previous owners, check with the local humane society or pound. I'm always afraid if you just advertise that you've found a lost pet that someone evil might pick them up for the hell of it. (yes, I'm paranoid)
Besides, he looks quite attached and content.
Nikki

Guess who's "owners" came a-hunting for him a month after he moved into our place? Yes, he's gone. Back home. Why'd it take a month for them to come looking? We try not to think about it.

Cats come and cats go. We fed him for a month and he hunted the mice.

Who's Next?

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925