Loungers' Pets

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by John in Covina, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Jack.

2. Enjoying the new grand-dog that arrived today (10 week old Standard Poodle).

[​IMG]

3. p51

p51 Practically Family

This is our half dauchshund, half poodle (Doxie-Poo), Sweet Pea!
    0302191000-01.jpeg 0303190844-01.jpeg
    She's 6 months old and we just got her spayed the other day. Poor pup, she's wearing an inflatable collar while she heals.
    We're training her right now and she is doing well. We just haven't gotten to the point where we can trust her without looking at her. She's had far fewer accidents as time has gone on, though!
    SO cute!

4. 3fingers

3fingers One Too Many

^^^ If my wife sees that we will have one by Tuesday morning. What a cute little dog.

p51 and Zombie_61 like this.
  5. Saabo

Saabo New in Town

This is Skittles aka: Bubba. He is a rescue and this is his favorite position. In my lap sleeping. His name was given to him at the rescue and we never changed it. But after having him for a while we found that the name Bubba fit his attitude better. He is is pit mix. Very hard to get any work done in the laptop. [​IMG]

" Want to make God laugh? Tell Him you've got plans. "

6. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Back in the early-80s my wife and I visited a local "animal care and control" facility because we wanted to adopt a cat. While we were showing interest in a particular cat one of the women who worked there entered the room and was very exuberant about asking if we were going to adopt it. She went on to explain the cat had been in their care longer than it should have been and was quite adamant that it needed to be adopted very soon. She then explained that she had received the order to "put the cat down" a week before, but had become attached to it and couldn't do it.

Needless to say we decided to adopt the cat, but it first had to undergo a brief medical examination to verify it had no medical issues that would preclude it being adopted. And here's why I'm telling this tale in relation to Saabo's post. While the cat was being examined the same woman entered the exam room, learned we were able to adopt it and, obviously very happy, petted it and said, "Bye Justin." When we asked about the name, she replied, "Yeah, Justin. As in 'just in time'." The name stuck.

7. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

We have adopted our last couple of dogs and one cat from shelters or poor environments. I swear that these animals seem to appreciate their better treatment in our home - they have all been great pets (at least, as far as "great pets" can apply to a cat. :p I swear that thing thinks she's a dog). It's good to have companions, and it's good to know you've improved an animal's life.

8. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

^ That's a common phenomenon among "rescue" animals who have lived a hard life either as a stray fighting for survival in the wild or on the streets, or were ill-kept and/or abused by previous owners. It sometimes takes them a while to realize how much their lives have improved, but once that realization sets in they're generally far happier and more affectionate.

9. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

chaos at rest
    CIMG6213.JPG

10. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Sounds like a chapter in one of my college physics books.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.
  11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Jenna, probably gives you the occasional refresher course.

Zombie_61 and Frunobulax like this.
  12. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

When Ruby took over our lives, my lap was her insisted spot. The amount of sticky tape that I've used to get her fur off my trousers probably keeps the factory in overtime.
    old photos 540.JPG

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Anybody seen the Chihuahua?
    image.jpeg

14. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

No...and Bodie doesn’t look hungry.

15. I used to have the same problem every night. Finally got rid of the only chair the two of us could get in together.

IMG_2510.JPG

16. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Sometimes the couch alone is not enough
    CIMG6256.JPG
    CIMG6241.JPG CIMG6260.JPG CIMG6243.JPG CIMG6244.JPG
    Sometimes it is
    CIMG6242.JPG CIMG6251.JPG

17. Bizzah (the old Poodle) is crazy for Chuck-It (the Flying Squirrel). She's not too impressed the youngster (Ava) got too it first.

Bizzah_Ava_Squirrel.jpeg

18. Squirrel!

[​IMG]

19. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Finally moved into the new farm house, each girls wanted their own "personal cat", tough to find pairs already familiar, so when a local rescue advertised two sisters, seven months old, we had to act fact. The lady came out to evaluate us and the house, approved, and so here are Luna (tabby) and Lilah! Luna is displaying her Kryptonite eyes in one photo...

pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic5.jpg

20. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I replaced the doggie door two weeks ago because of someone saying the "S" word too loudly. Cracked the frame, both inside and outside. No S, R or similar words are spoken out loud around here.