Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Poor Lulu, she was silly enough to wander into the bathroom after I had been in there:
Camera 1 276.JPG

^ Our dog got wise to the whole "fetch" scam almost immediately. The first time I threw the ball he retrieved it; the second time he leisurely sauntered over to it, picked it up, brought it near me, and dropped it just out of my reach; the third time he watched the ball go, then looked at me as if he was saying, "What? I brought it back to you twice. If you want it, go get it yourself." :D

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
Since I didn't have the time for long daily walks or biking (Mo-Fr), I needed a possiblity to get Jimmy really tired and exhausted within 20 minutes (before work, lunch breaks, at night).
Playing ball fetch with a Chuck-It ball laucher (long distance shots) was perfect for that.

Of course it needs patience and training to teach a dog the "rules" and how YOU want to play the game.
Jimmy had talent and developed into a perfect, professional retriever; addicted to playing fetch with balls, frisbees, sticks, toys, etc.
- extremely reliable, never gave up looking for a lost ball
- always dropped it to your feet or layed it your hand
- would invite complete strangers and kids to play ... always very politely
- never tried to snatch the ball out of your or their hands
- knew the difference between his and other's ball (i.e. dog park)
- could play for hours, never lost interest
- was quiet playing, hardly ever barked (typical for Podengo)

He did sports untill he was over 15 and had to many health issues (arthritis, arthrosis, signs of paralysis, loss of hearing, etc).
His strong athlete's heart is probably the only reason he is still alive today.
He will turn 17 in August ... if he makes it.
It's gonna hurt to see him go.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy