Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Warbaby

One Too Many
When Spencer first came to us as a five week old feral cat, I got him a tiny teddy bear (which was as big as he was at the time) so he'd have something to snuggle up to in his bed. He's almost two years old now and he still loves his teddy - he carries it to wherever he's going to nap and cuddles with it.

Spencer_BearInBox5cr.jpg

Maguire

Practically Family
sixsexsix said:
How long do millipedes usually live?
I've heard its usually 2 or 3 years but i think its more- the one pictured there i had for at LEAST 4 years and it was already an adult when i got it.

As for restrictions, no, i believe that species is common and popular enough to be safe. just make sure you wash your hands if you hand them, a frightened millipede sometimes secretes this foul smelling toxin from its skin that is actually mildly poisonous and actually stains the skin. But its not serious unless you decide to rub your eyes with it or an open wound, and a millipede given enough attention/handled often enough/gently will not do this often. If you want a dangerous pet, stick to centipedes and scorpions. millipedes are quite alright. Easy to take care of too. Just toss in lettuce or cucumbers and make sure they've got water and a place to hide and they're quite content.

WH1

Practically Family
This is Connie, one of the Military Working Dogs assigned to my Company in Fallujah, in the back of an MRAP getting ready to go out on a mission.

The MWDs were important to our missions but they also helped lighten things up for us. It takes your mind off the mission when you can spend some time playing with a dog and these dogs do love to play in their off time.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/PICT0746-3.jpg

WH1

Practically Family

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
When Spencer first came to us as a five week old feral cat, I got him a tiny teddy bear (which was as big as he was at the time) so he'd have something to snuggle up to in his bed. He's almost two years old now and he still loves his teddy - he carries it to wherever he's going to nap and cuddles with it.

Spencer_BearInBox5cr.jpg

That is absolutely ADORABLE. :)

WH1 said:
This is Connie, one of the Military Working Dogs assigned to my Company in Fallujah, in the back of an MRAP getting ready to go out on a mission.

The MWDs were important to our missions but they also helped lighten things up for us. It takes your mind off the mission when you can spend some time playing with a dog and these dogs do love to play in their off time.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/PICT0746-3.jpg
Neat dog!

WH1 said:
Don't know if any of you consider a horse a pet but this is one of my favorites. She is a dandy, her nickname is Little Bit, registered name Skipa Lady Ben, she is a Quarter Horse and this was her first time being ridden. One of the easiest I have ever worked with. Never offered to buck, completely trusting.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/littlebit1stride013.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/littlebit1stride006.jpg
Horses always amaze me.

D

DeaconKC

Of course horses count as pets!

It's just a killer when they jump in your lap though..........

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
WH1 said:
Don't know if any of you consider a horse a pet but this is one of my favorites. She is a dandy, her nickname is Little Bit, registered name Skipa Lady Ben, she is a Quarter Horse and this was her first time being ridden. One of the easiest I have ever worked with. Never offered to buck, completely trusting.[/url]

I consider mine a pet as well as a trusted companion. Glad to see another

bo9.jpg

MVC-326F.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Good looking is he AQHA? How bred?
Right now I have 3 mares. oldest is 13, youngest is 4, broke/trained all of them myself. Can't imagine not having them around even though my ranch work days are behind me. I would rather spend time with a horse than most people. Just a little time with them makes everything else alright.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
WH1 said:
Good looking is he AQHA? How bred?
Right now I have 3 mares. oldest is 13, youngest is 4, broke/trained all of them myself. Can't imagine not having them around even though my ranch work days are behind me. I would rather spend time with a horse than most people. Just a little time with them makes everything else alright.

Beau is a 9 y/o gelding, he was never registered and I have not bothered. Being a gelding, it would not really matter. We have his paperwork. He was sired by Roosters Last who was sired by Rooster Fish off of the King Ranch in South Texas. He stands 15 1/2 hands and weighs about 1300 lbs. Big dog huh? He is and has always been very social. When I got him, he had been trained for parades and trail rides. I got him for working cattle, we have now both retired. He loves to tag along when I am doing chores and or fence mending. I have never had to chase him down, a whistle and here he comes. I put my 3 y/o grandson on him last year and he was a gentle as can be. A trusted friend as loyal as they come.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Okay I have offically the naughtiest pup ever! Look where I just found him (I was watering the plants in the apartment and came into the livingroom)

He is sleeping ON a sidetable!!

DSC01576.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aw shucks...

Warbaby said:
What a gorgeous photo! Gorgeous cat; gorgeous Miss 1929!
It is sort of am Icart picture, isn't it? Got a bunch of shots from my ex. Check out the goofiest/lamest photos thread....

Spencer is a giant! You should start training him to the saddle about now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace