Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Here is my family of pets:

loungerspets2.jpg

Casey, chocolate lab;

Loungerspets1.jpg

Kitten-Chow, the fat tux;

Loungerspets3.jpg

And Zelda, the bearded dragon. :p

cco23i

A-List Customer
My female cat is named Marlena Detriech, she is a brat, if she walks in front of a woman or girl she walks normally, if you are a man or boy she sways her hips and meows low at you. Yup, my spoiled brat.

Scott

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'm sorry to say that Sheb didn't make it. :(

He'd been having trouble going to the bathroom these last few days, nothing would come out. Vet tried to help him but there's nothing they could do.

He was so worn out and exhausted that he couldn't move. He was purring just before we put him to sleep .

At least he had a good last two weeks.

ShebWooley002-2.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:

He'd been having trouble going to the bathroom these last few days, nothing would come out. Vet tried to help him but there's nothing they could do.

He was so worn out and exhausted that he couldn't move. He was purring just before we put him to sleep .

[/IMG]

I'm sorry to hear that, thunderw21. But how wonderful that little Sheb had a happy and caring place to be in that time with your family. My heart goes out to you, I lost an eight-month-old kitten in May to illness. Especially heartbreaking when they are so little.

My Bella purred often too. I like to think she knew she'd be here a short time and had to give us all her purrs and love often.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
*Schatzi* said:
What a touching tribute. This actually made me tear up. I am so glad you gave hium such a loving home and that he was a happy kitty right to the end.

Pass the hankie, because it made me teary also. I saw all the photos of him here and with his little hat - he really struck a chord in me. I hoped the little guy would make it. What a special heart you have to give him all the love and vet care he needed. So many people wouldn't have done that. Makes you pretty special in my book.

OldSoul

Familiar Face
thunderw21 said:

I'm sorry to hear that :(

It's a part of being a pet owner we all must deal with, though it can never be easy. You did the right thing, more then many would do. It takes a big heart to try and save a living thing, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure he knew you were doing all you could for him in the end.

Edward

Bartender
Sorry to hear about Sheb, Thunder.... he'll be purring down at you from Kitty Heaven now. Losing them is the hard part of pets; alas, it doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times itg happens. I dread the day I outlive my girls.

cco23i said:
My female cat is named Marlena Detriech, she is a brat, if she walks in front of a woman or girl she walks normally, if you are a man or boy she sways her hips and meows low at you. Yup, my spoiled brat.

Scott

Must be something about cats named after dear Marlene; mine's a real show-off femme fatale too! Funny thing is, her sister, Greta, can be terribly shy - or maybe she just vants to be alone? lol

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Sorry to hear about Sheb, Thunder.... he'll be purring down at you from Kitty Heaven now. Losing them is the hard part of pets; alas, it doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times itg happens. I dread the day I outlive my girls.

The one bad thing about pets.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Meet Gwendolyn.

My condolences for you on Sheb, Thunder.

This little cutie wandered into the yard last week. She was a tad ferel, but she's taming down quickly. She's also eating like a pig!!

GewnReclines0042.jpg

GewnLooksPensive0040.jpg

She is currently about 1/4 the size of 'Tilla and nearly as fluffy. They already get along very well, mostly by way of ignoring each other (and the fact that 'Tilla's the mellowest cat you'll ever meet.) But, every now and then I'll turn around and she's looking at me with great curiosity. When I reach out to her, she'll reach for my finger and rest a paw on it. She's becoming a real sweetheart. And she purrs a LOT! :)

I call her Gwen, for short.

Lee

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael